Roger Ebert on Superbit

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Ch, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Watch a little bit of Ebert this weekend, he had a little blip on the whole superbit busniess, his opinion is there are noticable differences and manufacturers should do superbits and extras on a second DVD.

2. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

I totally agree. Why differentiate between regular consumers who want more for their $$$ in terms of extras and videophiles? As far as I'm concerned, I would like all studios to do their best to improve the quality of their dvds while providing as much extra content as possible.

Elbert

3. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

E-mailed Ebert a thank you for bring SB's to the masses.

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

You know, I don't agree with all of Ebert's reviews (who does?) but I think I have pretty much agreed with his views on what should/shouldn't be on the DVD format.

New respect for the man...especially after his Dark City commentary-now that's a great listen.

5. Oswald Pascual

Oswald Pascual Second Unit

I also loved the "Dark City" commentary. I also agree with Ebert on the SB DVD's. I know lots of folks may not see an difference on there sets, but on my FPTV it is an improvment, and then there is the DTS soundtracks. Simply amazing! I would easily pay a bit more for a Superbit version on one disc and the extras on the second disc. I would not want to force other to do this so I only like it if it gave the other folks the option.