What's new

ROGER CORMAN BUENA VISTA DVD'S (1 Viewer)

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator
BUENA VISTA AKA DISNEY has bought up 400 Corman titles, they have released a few. Anybody know when the next wave of titles are coming out?
I am hoping for ALLIGATOR and HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP for starters.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
I've been waiting for MOONSHINE COUNTY EXPRESS for ages. It hasn't had a video or DVD release since the original Warner clamshell VHS in the early '80s.

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator
{ALLIGATOR is not a Corman title - perhaps you meant PIRANHA}
who owns ALLIGATOR? MOONSHINE COUNTY EXPRESS is that the one with John saxon and marcia from the brady bunch?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I think that is TEXAS LIGHTNING (Marcia was in that one). That is on DVD, at least in a questionable version up on Amazon. Some no name company released it.

As for ALLIGATOR, it was another John Sayles scripted film, a la PIRAHNA which is where the confusion probably came from.

And Disney didn't buy the library, they are just distributing some of them.

walter o

Supporting Actor

MOONSHINE COUNTY EXPRESS is a movie with Saxon/McCormick along with Claudia Jennings and William Conrad, Corman released it, but the rights are held by someone else.

TEXAS LIGHTNING is a legit release, but the transfer itself is questionable.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I want a good transfer of Screwballs, since the VHS looks like it's cropped. I assume Warner doesn't have the rights to that one anymore.

Christopher-J-C

Auditioning
I was thrilled to see "Beach Balls" finally get released......but was very disappointed to see nothing extra (not even chapter points). The whole movie is just one long chapter. Lame.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Some of the titles aren't even re-authored from the old Concorde ones, they're just using the same DLT or pressing master and running a new batch with different disc art and package design.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Does School Spirit still have audio only in the left channel? (Never understood why they don't just encode Dolby 1-channel for mono in the first place.)
Watched Loose Screws on an old VHS recently and it's cropped from 1.85, not open-matte. It goes to letterbox during the opening credits, then zooms in when they're done. The DVD says "Fullscreen 1.33" so it's probably the same transfer, though there's no "Formatted to fit your screen" message on the cover. Bastards.

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator
speaking of corman, FRANKENSTEIN UNBOUND is coming out in sept on dvd
it is a weird, but cool little flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks