What's new

Rodney Dangerfield: RIP (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
He even timed his departure well, the day of the vice presidential debate. The vice-presidency is the office that doesn't get any respect either.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
I recently watched the Simpson episode where Rodney played Mr. Burns estranged son. I was hoping he would come back for that,

What a man, what a character
RIP
Rodeny

You always had my respect

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
"You must've been somthin before electricity."
"Wanna make fourteen dollars the hard way?"

Miss you Rodney. Thanks for enough laughs to last me a lifetime.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Moderator's note: Two threads were started at almost the same time, one in Movies and one here in After Hours. The combined thread has been placed in After Hours, because Rodney Dangerfield's career spanned so many different media and venues -- TV, film and, above all, live performance (I once had the privilege of seeing him test new material at Catch a Rising Star).

A great talent and a very funny human being.

M.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
"You buy a hat like that you get a free bowl of soup."
My personal Rodney fav

I just think its great that he enjoyed a nice boom late in his career so that he was both appreciated in a timely fashion and was able to enjoy that appreciation.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
One of the last jokes I heard from him was a reply to a reporter just before he was admitted to the hospital for his heart surgery:

REPORTER: How long will your stay be at the hospital?

RODNEY: If everything goes as planned, about five or six days. If not.... about forty-five minutes!

He was a funny guy right up to the end! He will be missed!

Gary_E

Second Unit
When I was a kid, we were so poor that for Christmas I got batteries, toys not included.

My wife is such a lousy cook, in my house, we pray after we eat. I have the only dog on the block that begs for alka seltzer.

My dog's favorite bone is in my arm. I wanted to mate her, she wanted 50 biscuits. Last night she went on the paper five times; twice I was reading it.

Goodbye Rodney and thank you for making me laugh

-Gary

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
"I'm at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table."

Gold.

Dangerfield was a funny guy. I'm glad he was quippin' to the End! :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Rodney was also responsible for the careers of so many comedians. He's been giving back to comedy for decades. A great loss, and an extremely funny man.

Take care,
Chuck

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I recently heard a radio interview with him and he really was a genuinely nice guy and a very funny man... to the end.

We'll miss you, Rodney!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Bye, Rodney. You always had our respect.

He was a good example of someone whose success came late in life. He wasn't known til after age 40, not really very famous til in his 50s, but a big star in his 60s and beyond, even among people young enough to be his grandkids.

The imdb bio is interesting. I forgot about his rap song. It says he was the first entertainer with his own website. It also says that to make Caddyshack, he took a salary several times less than he'd have made working clubs during that time.
http://imdb.com/name/nm0001098/bio

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Rodney Dangerfield was a great comedian, but let's not forget his dramatic role in Natural Born Killers.

RIP, Rodney.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks