What's new

Rocky! (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
See John's review above, Eric, for the flaw the GameSpot review seems to be discussing:

In any case, get your four body jabs in, and then backup and cover. Repeat. Due to the simplicity of the scoring, you will win many rounds 10-9.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Well, he said that the game had a fatal flaw in the fighting system--has anyone tried to replicate this?
If he's right, it would ruin the game.
Not necessarily, as it's a game that's at its best with two players, who'd be more likely to box each other better than a dense AI. Most of the reviews I've read have mentioned that this is the best quality of the game: the two player mode. Still, I'll double check the single player mode when I get a chance. When I first got the game, I ran through it on Novice just so I could unlock all the boxers and have been doing two player since then. When I was playing it I found that if I beefed up Rocky's movement, strength, and speed a lot, I could dance around and hit the other guy with a very hard hook shot to the head to wear him down and eventually knock him out in the later rounds, but that's on Novice, of course. Those difficulties usually do have easy outs for players to take advantage of like that :)

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't mean to imply that the above is a sure-fire cheat. Using this method, you will take a beatdown, and your jabs deliver no lasting damage, so toward the end of the fight, you are much closer to getting knocked out than your opponent. It's difficult to continue this tactic through an entire match. It will force your opponent to go for a knockout in the later rounds. Your finger lives on the left trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks