What's new

Rocky VI.. Oh God Please No ! (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
HWood has truly run out of Ideas.

"Early plans have Stallone, 56, portraying the fighter Rocky Balboa, again. But this time, he is running a youth center when he is lured out of retirement for one last fight."

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
You must be mistaken, that sounds like the plot for Rocky V (which I haven't seen). Maybe this time his career should be based on doing infomercials to promote the Italian Stallion grilling machine or something.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What happened to the much mooted Rocky vs Rambo epic spectacular?
Stallone playing both parts ofcourse using state of the art trickery.
Apparently Rocky flies to Japan where he literally bumps heads with Rambo, Rocky's incessant mumbling quickly annoys the monosyllabic Rambo who headbutts the Italian Stallion, the film culminates in a destructive showdown between the two 'titans' on the slopes of Mount Fuji with hundreds of Japanese extras running and screaming for their lives, three endings were going to be shot, in one Rocky wins screaming "Adrian! I did it!", in the other Rambo wins screaming his now famous battle cry "auuuurggh!", in the third ending to appease Asian audiences the Japanese army and airforce destroy both fighters. I really wanted to see this, especially the Japanese version.
:alien:

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Steve,
I think they are pulling that in favor of Aliens Vs. Predators-Winner Gets A Shot At Balboa or something.
Seriously, if this is true, it is a baaaad idea. Stallone should know that his Rocky series ran out of gas years ago.
Bruce

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I'm intrigued. He's doing it basically under the same deal that he did the original Rocky. Stallone is capable of a great performance and scriptwriting, and this may bring it back out

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
If this includeds Thunderlips, Ivan Drago, Clubber Lang, and a risen-from-the-grave Apollo Creed in a no-holds barred battle royale, count me in.

Also please included an appearance from Paulie's Robot. I'm serious Mr. Stallone. Include Paulie's Robot and you will have asses in seats.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe this explains all those Clubber Lang appearances in the Best Buy commercials...

It's a rift on "Being Rocky Balboa".

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Maybe my eyes are going bad, but didn't the commercial that had Mr. T in the ring also have Carl Weathers in the "hero's" corner shouting encouragement? Or just a lookalike?

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
This isn't "Hollywood is out of Ideas."

But rather, "Stallone needs an injection to his bank account."

Sounds really bad either way, actually.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Here's a link to the story:
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Movi...lm.rocky.reut/
Anyways, I have always like Stallone and if he can capture the feel of the original, well, it MIGHT work. Who knows. If they can get Apollo Creed going, then we got something. (No, I will not call him by his real name...He's Apollo Creed.. :) )
They should probably let him write AND direct it, the way he did with the first one.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Hey Brian, perhaps this could be a springboard to Paulie's Robot: The Animated Series. Just think of the merchandising possibilities!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I say that Stallone should write a script in which a decrepit, wheel-chaired, and mentally institutionalized Rocky dreams he is back in the 80's. This will allow for the return of Paulie's robot, Mr. T, Apollo, Ivan and Ludmilla, Hulk Hogan, and Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger." Guaranteed box office success!

~T

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure what one can do with a little 10-15 million budget.Perhaps a bunch of unknown actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks