Rocky sequels being released seperately?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Simon, Jan 21, 2003.

1. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

I noticed today on Deep Discount DVD that it lists all the Rocky sequels as coming out on March 18, 2003 with SRPs of $14.95. This is the first I've heard of these movies being made available outside of the boxset (not including the OOP editions of Rocky II and IV), and I don't see it listed on any other major retail sites. Can anyone confirm that MGM is releasing the films individually? If true, it will finally allow me to own Rocky III without having to buy the pitiful Rocky V and also avoiding the going price of $30 on eBay...[​IMG]

EDIT: I also just started wondering if by some miracle MGM may have corrected the subtitle problem on Rocky IV. There had been rumors they intended to correct it at some point. Maybe that time has finally come.

2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

3. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have more information on this?
    Are they all identical releases to whats in the boxset .i.e some are not widescreen, etc?

4. John Simon

John Simon Second Unit

Kevin,

I may be wrong, but I believe all the discs in the boxset were in widescreen, but two or three of them were not anamorphic. As for these releases, I think I saw on DVDFile a few weeks ago that these will be identical to the boxset versions. Hope that helps.

5. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

I own the boxset and they are all in widescreen. Rocky II however in non-anamorphic.