What's new

Rocky on Xbox... (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I received Rocky on Xbox as a Holiday gift and would like to know if anyone else has played it and what your experiences were like. I am a boxing fan, however, I get the feeling that this game is more of a rental than a purchase. I have already played Knockout Kings 2002 and was not impressed. I hate to sound insensitive, but as a student my gaming funds are limited. As a result, I try to purchase and play only triple-A titles. So, should I return Rocky for a new, more reputable game (I'm thinking about "The Two Towers")?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I got my brother Rocky for Christmas and I had fun with it. That being said you would probably be happier with something else. As a hardcore fan of the series i'll play Rocky to death but an unbiased reviewer would call it a rental.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I think it most depends on whether you play a lot with your friends. Rocky's an excellent game for two players to go at it over and over again as the fighting system is such that, just like the movies, you can be having a tough time in a match and then make some roaring comebacks to turn it around and vice versa. If you play by yourself, though, it might get boring in the same way that people often get bored of games like NBA Jam or whatever (personally, I *don't* get bored of games like that, but some people I know do :)).

Joe michaels

Second Unit
Rocky is fairly easy to play through but having played Two Towers on PS2 I can't say that's the best replacement either.

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I love Rocky - of course I've always been a Rocky fan, but it's the best boxing game I've played to date.

Joe is right about The Two Towers - now that's a rental.

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having a lot of fun with Rocky, of course, your mileage will vary.

Do you like fighting games in general? Do you like boxing? Rocky is nice blend of sim and arcade. I have beaten it on all three skill levels, but I still play just because it's fun. It probably took me twenty hours to beat the movie mode, and a little more time to beat the knockout tournament. For me the "fun to dollar ratio" is very good with this game.

Andy made a good point as well. There are many hours of multiplayer fun in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks