1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

UHD Review Rocky Mountain Express UHD Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by todd-erwin, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    todd-erwin

Rocky Mountain Express UHD Review

[​IMG]

Although sometimes dry in its storytelling, Rocky Mountain Express tells the fascinating story of how the Canada's first transcontinental railroad was built through the often treacherous Rocky Mountains. The film is everything you'd expect from a large format IMAX documentary, with breathtaking vistas and incredibly detailed photography.

[review]
    Click here to read the original article.

2. Everett S.

Everett S. Movie King (formally a projectionist)

Everett
    Jeez, The Naltinal Screen Board of Canada,we used to run their films in Baltimore city in the 70s. One I remember very well, as the only short we received complaints about 5 times aday, it was a B and W 20mins long table tennis match !

3. Syeve

Syeve Auditioning

Stephen Mickelson
    Purchased 4K Blu Ray versions of both Rocky Mountain Express and Flight of the Butterflies from Amazon.ca and the unlock codes for both had expired July 12, 2017. Ripped off by Shout! Factory LLC who owns the rights to these titles. :( :(

4. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Believe me, you are not missing much as to the digital copies on the tiles. They are old school digital copies - requiring downloading and finding a player that can play back the encrypted, low resolution file.

5. Syeve

Syeve Auditioning

Stephen Mickelson
    Believe me, I am a firm believer in truth in advertisement and if you paid for a complete package, you deserve to receive delivery on the product purchased. At the time of purchase, the description/photo indicated digital copy included. If it had already expired when sold to me, then the product should be discounted accordingly. I know all about digital specs (they come in HD and SD) but sometimes I would like to listen, on my digital device, to the historical narrative of how the construction of a national Canadian Railroad is intertwined with the history and unity of our nation. IF I COULD ONLY DOWNLOAD THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PART OF THE PACKAGE THAT I PURCHASED.