What's new

Rocky Horror Picture Show (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, this is my little story on this movie. Back in 1995, when I was a Fire Inspector with the the LAFD, one of my overtime days was being a Uniformed Fire Safety Officer on the 20 year reunion on being filmed in dowtown LA, I'm not sure what old theater was used, could have been the Mayan.

Anyway, this reunion had the BEST of midnite members from across the USA.

Well, there was well over a couple hundred people that showed up for that special day. The people that put this on had a guy that was my age (46) and had never seen the movie manning the projector., which was placed at the end of the seating.

I was there because they were in an enclosed building using FLAME...candles. They had a choice of candles or newspapers...I told them...newspapers...error on the side of caution.

So, the projectionist played that sucker 2 times...and guess what??? I fell in love with it, so did the cameraman...what are the odds of that?

I was into LD at the time and I bought the box set for $145, which included a coffee table book and the CD in GOLD...made a mint on that sale!

Of course, I've bought the newest BD,

The reason I'm posting this is, trying to buy the CD is out of the question, but since I have amazon Music...i have it in all it's variations!

The story is okay...it's the music that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN MAKE YOU A MAN

Last edited:

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Including vhs...which is weird, because you would think it would have come from an ip, which would have been tinted properly. Maybe someone who has seen it multiple times in 35mm can comment. Is there a possibility that section was once replaced by a dupe and the colors were off? I just find it strange that NO home release has ever had that scene tinted.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Including vhs...which is weird, because you would think it would have come from an ip, which would have been tinted properly. Maybe someone who has seen it multiple times in 35mm can comment. Is there a possibility that section was once replaced by a dupe and the colors were off? I just find it strange that NO home release has ever had that scene tinted.
VHS around 1990 was a strange beast. Studios were known for creating transfers using LCPs or low contrast prints so that shadow detail would translate better to the limited dynamic range of VHS. If such an element was created from the OCN, the tinting wouldn't be there. It's the only theory I have for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platelets