What's new

Rockford Files - Season Three (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I did not noticed it mentioned here - yet - but while checking the list of dvd releases for February on a site for a local seller they listed Season 3 for the 27th. So it looks like Universal is still keeping on track for this series. Still no Adam 12 or Kojak though.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yes! Cannot wait... AND STILL NO KOJAK!!! grrr or Quincy.. doesn't look like there will be anymore. :-(

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'm happy for "Rockford" fans, my brother's buying them, me I want the shows currently on hold..."Quincy", "McCloud", "Baretta", "Night Gallery" and "Kojak"...did they really do that poorly? I doubt it. :frowning:

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I'm a bit amazed, quite honestly its reputation is IMO extremely overrated (when compared with so many other classic 70s crime shows), come on Universal stop stolling your other titles!

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Henry - cut the threadcrapping! Rockford is the BOMB! It's not only the best of the 70s crime shows, but it beats most of the 80's shows as well except for Miamai Vice and a few others...

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
ROCKFORD ROCKS!!
I'm happy that they're cranking them out so quickly.
Hopefully in a years time, all six seasons will be released.

Now, if we could only speed up Simon & Simon...

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Hmm, "Magnum" is practically "Rockford" only in Hawaii, is it not? Is it really better than, say, "Columbo", I personally think not. IMO, the best regular 70s cop show may be "The Streets of San Francisco". Don't misunderstand me, I like "Rockford", just debating that it's somewhat overrated with several superior P.I. colleagues. "Harry O" wipes the floor with Jimmy! :D

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Hey, lay off Rockford!

Rockford's my favourite television detective with Magnum in a close second place. It's a great show with excellent writing and brilliant characters...

I've found that the more Rockford you watch the more you enjoy it, after I watched the first season it was OK, however after watching season two I fell in love with the show, the characters really grow on you and it's great to see there relationships develop. Rockford better than Columbo? I think so.

Looking forward to S3.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I love Rockford Files and Magnum P.I. and have been collecting every season of each, but the 70's cop show that beats them both in my opinion is Hawaii Five-0. Action, scenery, characters, bad guys...it has been imitated but very few other cop shows since then have had its quality or longevity.

RickardL

Supporting Actor
I have just watched the first two episodes of season three and they look great!!
The source material shows some slight wear and tear sometimes but the transfer is great!
Black is black and Rockford's shirt's striped patterns looks amazingly distinct,
clear and sharp. Could be the best transfer so far.

"The Oracle Wore a Cashmere Suit"
(Rockford is assualted in his trailer)
Rockford: Hey, look, I don't know what's eating you, gentlemen, but I'm
sure we could have a nice, quiet conversation about it without any more of those gut-sinkers, huh?
Latino thug: Conversation? No, Mr. Private Pig, we is busy men so we are
not gonna have no chit-chat. So just tell us where is our 80 G's.
Rockford: I wish you'd have asked me before you went ripping through here.
Look, I cleaned the place yesterday and there's no 80 G's.

Classic Rockford... :)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Of course they look great, Rickard. I never saw a poor quality film print of The Rockford Files. The whole series is in excellent condition even pre-DVD releases.

By the way, I was in a Best Buy store here in San Diego and they don't have Season 3 yet. Where did you get yours a few days early?

RickardL

Supporting Actor
An online retailer shipped it to to me, arrived Thursday, 22nd.
I think the official date is the 27th.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I've had a copy for a week and was glad to get it early - just trying not to watch them too fast. Almost got Hawaii Five O but the shipment was late - hopefully on Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks