What's new

Rockford Files R1 12/6 ....!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

HOLY CRAP!!

Matt,
you should be gettin some kickbacks from Universal!!
It looks like they took your and just changed the background!!
Nice work!
:emoji_thumbsup:

MattHR

Screenwriter

Sounds fair. On behalf of all Rockford fans, I'd like to accept my "kickback" in the form of the missing pilot's inclusion on the S2 set.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

consider it done.
TVShowsonDVD is reporting that it will be the only extra in the S2 set.

now if they can just be free of defects.... (grumble gripe)

MattHR

Screenwriter
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Universal! I don't want to seem ungrateful, but would it be asking too much to make sure it's the original 74-minute pilot, and not the re-edited 2-part syndication version? Pretty please? Remember, you did release it on VHS in its original form, years ago. At this stage though, I'll just be happy to have it included in either form.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5175

(I'd like to think my (many) emails, letters, calls, and forum postings may have helped.) :)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Great! :emoji_thumbsup:

Now all they have to do is duplicate and release the second season of KOJAK and include the pre-series TV movie pilot The Marcus-Nelson Murders. ;)

MattHR

Screenwriter
WOO-HOO!!! Again!!!

TVSoDVD reported today that Universal is including the original, 74-minute pilot, and not the bastardized two-part, syndication version!

Here's the link: http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5220

Gord said Universal is going to change the packaging and menus, due to this decision. It appears they were actually going to use the syndication version, until Gord gave them a little "push" on our behalf. :) I'd like to think we made a difference -- there are other Universal properties that will need a similar effort in the future (the "bionic" shows, anyone?)

Well, for once, it looks like Universal has actually listened to the fans! Hopefully, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. With Universal named "Worst Studio" in HTF's recent poll, it's about time they start doing things right. :emoji_thumbsup:

MattHR

Screenwriter
Universal has been pretty good lately with their menus. They've been listing the original airdate with the synopsis on each episode's menu screen. I can't remember which show, but there was a recent case where the DVD set featured a two-part version of a two-hour episode. The menu stated something to the effect of "this episode originally aired as a two-hour episode."

In the case of the Rockford pilot, I think it would nice if Universal indicated something like "This 74-minute pilot, The Rockford Files, was originally broadcast in a 90-minute timeslot. It was later edited into two-parts, and retitled "Backlash of the Hunter", for syndication. It is presented here, for the first time on DVD, in its original broadcast presentation."

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I hope that Universal here in the UK will also release the 74-minute pilot on our season 2, as on our season 1 set they only included the two-part, syndication version -- so us UK fans would be most happy to also recieve the COMPLETE 74-minute pilot.

Please Universal? :)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Word has it they are transitioning back to DVD-9 for most releases, and will begin using the double-slim cases that most other studios are using. It's about time! :emoji_thumbsup:

MattHR

Screenwriter
I'm surprised it took them this long. With all the bad press and defective returns, you'd think they would have ditched the DVD-18s long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks