Rockford Files August 23rd?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jon_Gu, May 19, 2005.

1. Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu Stunt Coordinator

2. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Paul McElligott
    [​IMG]

Ahhhhh, please, mercy! Not all at once! I can't get 'em all!! [​IMG]

3. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

I would guess maybe another Jack Webb show such as another season of Dragnet. Both Adan 12 and Emergency are Jack Webb productions.

4. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    I took the TVSHOWSONDVD item to mean Rockford as well although Ironside would be nice also.

However if I had to bet, it would be the Garner series.

Steve

5. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

O.K. Who is reading my mind out there??
    I was planning on starting a thread tonight to ask if anyone else out there was wondering if Rockford was coming out in August as well.
    Great to know that there are so many Rockford Fans out there!!
    Hey Gord, if you know for sure, you have to tell us.. the suspense is killing everyone!!

I am eager to purchase EVERY season of the following Classic Univesal titles:

The Rockford Files
    Magnum P.I.
    Simon & Simon
    Knight Rider
    The Incredible Hulk
    Miami Vice

I hope my wishlist comes true, or at least close to it!

[​IMG]

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

haha...I honestly don't know if there's anything else coming that day, but I'm assuming there is. I've heard too much about Rockford Files for it NOT to be coming out this year, but I don't know if it'll be out in August.

Gord

7. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I also want to watch The Rockford Files again (I saw every episode again in syndication on the WB just a few years ago and then A&E a few years before that). Bring on the DVDs, Universal.

8. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

There is a trailer on the mcclouddvd.com website (linked from a news article today at tvshowsondvd.com) that shows cover art and clips for "The Rockford Files" Season One. I hope the cover art isn't final, since it's pretty poor. The trailer indicates the set includes all "23" season one episodes, but makes no mention of the pilot movie. (The 90-minute pilot was re-edited and expanded into a two-part syndication version.)

Hopefully, the pilot WILL be included in the set, unlike Universal's recent omission of the "Kojak" pilot from its set.

The character of Jim Rockford was well-established right from the start, beginning with the pilot. Unlike many other shows where a character evolves and the actor's performance changes over time, James Garner's Rockford was consistent throughout the series, and even into the later TV-movies. I'd guess that's because Jim Rockford (the character) is a lot like James Garner (the man).

9. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Anyone hear anything about a release date for this one? I'm waiting big-time for "Leave a message at the tone and I'll get back to you" [​IMG]

10. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

This was one of the first "grown-up" shows I watched outside of tame comedy fare in the mid-90s lineup of Nick @ Nite. I hope that it will release soon, even though there are a lot of releases coming up that I want.

11. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

After looking at the cover art, I hope they will change it, though I'll buy it regardless of how the cover art looks.

12. Dale MA

Dale MA Screenwriter

Dale
    Man, I hope that the Rockford Files is coming out soon, I've never actually seen the show but I've heard nothing but good things about it [​IMG]

13. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I didn't mention this in the news item, but the trailer shows the old artwork for "Emergency!" as well, and we all know they changed that. They could be working with early art.

Worst case scenario; they release the finished art, the fans complain, we pass the complaints along and Universal considers changing it (or not).

Gord

14. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Either way I'll buy it!![​IMG]
    While you're at it, tell Universal that thousands of fans are waiting for Hulk & Simon & Simon season sets!![​IMG]

15. Dave Bronsveld

Wow, I can't believe it. I've been waiting for this for so long.

To the poster who said he's never seen it - you're in for a real treat. IMO one of the best shows ever.

16. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

Just a bit of TV trivia for ya:

During a break from taping All in the Family in 1975, Rob Reiner not only hosted Saturday Night Live (the third show) but he also guest starred on The Rockford Files.

17. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Another bit of trivia: Lindsay Wagner guest-starred in TRF pilot and then reprised the character in the season one episode "Aura Lee, Farewell". Billy Mumy ("Lost in Space") also guest-starred with Wagner in these two episodes, but played different characters. Universal liked to get a lot of mileage out of their "contract players", which is why there are so many examples of the same actor playing different characters within a series.

Lindsay Wagner had been a contract player at Universal during the early 70's. She can be seen in many other Universal shows from the era: Adam-12, Night Gallery, Owen Marshall, Marcus Welby, The Bold Ones and of course, The Six Million Dollar Man. Soon after her SMDM character was killed-off, her contract at Universal expired. It cost them a fortune to get her back to reprise the character in her own show, "The Bionic Woman".

18. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

10-4, Matt [​IMG] Yes, I know the "Lindsay W" story well. A little off-topic here (forgive me, Rockford fans [​IMG]) An Ironic story about her contract expiring and what occurred afterward. "Sometimes justice prevails" [​IMG] Still no news on the 2 bionic series [​IMG] They're tied up in legal issues. [​IMG]

Back on-topic: Anyone remember there being 2 "Rocky's" in the Rockford Files? I seem to remember Noah Beery, Jr wasn't the original player for that part. If true, when did that change? After Season 1?

Another question for Rockford fans: What season did Dennis Dugan first make the appearance as "Ritchie Brockleman"? I always thought those 2 made a good team.

19. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

"Richie Brockelman" appeared in only two episodes. Once in season four and once in season 5.

My all-time favorite Rockford guest-star is Isaac Hayes as "Gandolph Fitch". The chemistry between these two guys is classic. I love how Gandolph gets under Rockford's skin by always calling him "Rockfish". Hayes appeared in three episodes.

20. Kevin Roebuck

"awe, but Jimmy I got pie"