What's new

Rockets Pictures! (1 Viewer)

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
Please post or email me some pictures of the Rocket tower speakers (750s, 550s). I have found a buyer for my Klipsch setup...and I would like to get some rockets.

I am doing this so that I can get an idea of how they go with a few different interior. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, some pictures of the RSC200 on a television...just to gauge how big this sucker is.

email to -

[email protected]

Thanks everyone!
Jim Walter :)

kevitra

Second Unit
Here are some I took of the 750s. Warning: They are huge files (1.5 meg). I didn't shrink them because the owner of them wanted high-quality pics. When I get home tonight I'll resize them.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

EDIT: The files have been shrunk. They are now ~50K each.

kevitra

Second Unit
They are ACI Sapphire IIIs. The Sapphire did better in the midrange/trebel, the Rocket did better in the bass department (IMHO). The Sapphire is more detailed (without being bright), and has a great midrange. The 750 has a very tight and realistic bass. Overall I preferred the Sapphires for my taste, but they are both great speakers.

But it really isn't fair to compare the two, as they are different breeds of speakers. The Onix Reference One vs Sapphire would make more sense. I am still looking for a Refernece one owner in the Chicago region to do a 'shootout'.

Bolivar G

Second Unit
What are these Onix Referece speakers? Have not heard of them, only of the rockets.
I have HSU VTF-3 sub, would this sub and ACI outperform a 750 tower? In your Opion.

kevitra

Second Unit
They 750s had a bass that I have yet to hear a sub accurately reproduce. All of those small drivers make for very tight and realistic bass.

For me keeping my Sapphire IIIs and SVS 25-31 was a better route, since I preferred the midrange/trebel of the Sapphire. The 750 is a great speaker, it is just a matter of personal taste. The tweeter in the 750 is laid back while the Sapphire is more detailed.

Joe Ferreira

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

She just keeps reminding me about the house that we are buying and all the furniture we are buying and the wedding we have to pay for, etc. Sucks being 22 and having so many hobbies (guitar collection, home theater, computers, etc.). So we talked it out and looks like $350 is the absolute maximum that I can spend for a subwoofer. I gathered $400 was the entry-level for one to be built by you. So I am looking at maybe the:

B&W ASW300
Paradigm PDR-8
Paradigm PDR-10
PE Vance Designed Titanic Kit
HTD Level 3 sub
Energy S8.2
Athena Audition AS-P400

That is unless you could to something for $350...

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Joe,

Getting married at 22? Man you're brave! :)

If I had to choose one of those subs, I'd have to go with the PE Titanic kit although I'm not totally thrilled with the cabinet. But what do you want for $350, right? As long as you don't mind assembling it yourself, I think it's the best choice. And yes, $400 is as low as I can go using parts of this quality. But if $350 is your max, then you'll have to settle on one of the above subs.

JimRHIT

Stunt Coordinator
kevitra

Do you own the 750s .. or was that a comparo?

if you are not pleased with your rockets....are you willingto part with them?

thanks

jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks