What's new

Rocket Canada .... (1 Viewer)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
After all the uproar last week about Rocket Canada and my involvement, I have decided not to get involved in it.

There were too many things "wrong" with the situation. Mark Schifter has been a wonderful human being through all this, and has indicated he will handle Canada on his own. The "wrong" stuff has been the reaction of certain people. I wish I could go into detail, but I cannot. Suffice it to say *some* people have proven to me just HOW LOW a person can stoop....

As posted on AVS, even IF the venture had hit AV123's goals, it would have changed my company's income by 1% ...

This was never about money, but it became apparent a lot of people think EVERYTHING is about the money.

I thought it could be a fun, friendly thing to do... nope.

SO ... I will retain my independence, 100% ... and may do some selective reviews (Mike Dzurko was quite encouraging here).

And audio will be fun again.

Richard_M

Second Unit
Craig

I don't know what to say, other than you must go with what you feel is right for you and your family.

This has been said many times before, these are just speakers, and we after all are just humans. I am glad you are still going to do the odd review, I also think you should stick to the facts, and try to keep emotions to a low key.

My belief is you should not do comparisons, and any reviews should stand on their own. As long as you use the same methodology readers can do their own comparisons.

I will take this opportunity to wish Mark well in the Canadian venture, although it may be a big ask for the obviously over worked and under paid gentleman, I also hope his family health issues are going well.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Sorry to hijack, but ...

If a speaker doesnt invoke emotions, then it is not doing its job.

Hi Craig.
:D

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I tend to be pretty unemotional about most things in life... especially things...

Now... the music that comes from speakers can cause emotion (which I think was Rob's actual point) ...

I was given some advice that I need to be more "Politically Correct" when it comes to saying anything. THIS was in the context that I was going to be selling speakers.

Well... Since I am NOT going to be selling speakers... when a review is done, blind testing will be the standard.

When graphs are posted, they will NOT be pretty ETF graphs which eliminate room effect. They will be RAW RTA graphs, so *you guys* will be able to SEE what the speaker's response was IN ROOM.

More to come... and yes, We all will have FUN with this.

Todd Mayo

Auditioning
i hope some lessons were learned.

let's see some raw measurements of the 750s along with the rsc200.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Craig best wishes. As you know, I'm a big believer in choosing happiness. You can keep audio as a hobby and spend less time on it than if was a business. But, the time you spend will be on the enjoyment part.

I believe you'll add more to this hobby as a reviewer outside of the advertisement driven outlets than you would have as a distributor.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Todd... I have learned a LOT more than I could ever post here. I will post some stuff on the 750/200 set up after I beat on them for a few weeks.

Chris, Well said. :emoji_thumbsup:

Eric C D

Second Unit
Craig,

:frowning: For you not being able to pursue something you were doing for the love of audio.

:) For us getting to hear more of your insightful reviews.

:D What I hope you get to continue to feel about things audio.

Maybe with your combination of audio love and entrepenureal spirit, you can find another venture - maybe on the reviewing and/or editorial side.

take care,

David Keith

Stunt Coordinator
Craig,
I for one know first hand that it isn't about the $$$ when it comes to you and audio/video gear.

Hey guys,
In the last 3 months, since I met Craig, he has sold me nearly $20K worth of gear for pennies on the dollar, so I could resell it and make $$$ myself, or keep it myself, meanwhile just "getting it" out of his house and out of his way. I didn't know him from Adam before this, but have made a half dozen hour and a half trips to his house to buy gear to resell and make $$$ on. The second time I was there, back in August, a pastor friend of mine from FLA. was with me. As Craig was loading the gear with me, he GAVE my friend a $1,000.00 pair of Klipsch speaks and a $600.00 receiver, just because he was a pastor and Craig knows most of them don't make much $$$. That was the 2nd time I had been there and the first day he met my friend !!! Why in the world would he do that?? Because he is a very very good person and DOESN'T CARE about the $$$.

Just a friendly word of advice to the trouble makers:
"successful people make a habit of saying and doing the things that unsuccessful people can not or will not say or do."
Craig, brush this off as a lesson learned. I know you well enough to know that you wish Mark and Rocket well.
One more thing guys, I bought Craigs SVS B4+, Crown K2 amp and SVS black box, a week and a half ago, FOR LESS than a Maestro !!! It was a Sunday morning and my wife and daughter were with me. We stopped at Craigs and hurridly loaded up the sub and we were off to a church in Erie we hadn't been to. As we neared the church, I realized I hadn't paid Craig for the sub !!! I immediately called him from my cell and he said, " don't worry about it, next time you're up here drop by and pay me. How many guys on here would do/say that to a guy that they met a handfull of times???????
Beleive me when I say this is Mark and Rockets loss !

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Eric - GREAT use of smileys there... :)

I cannot imagine doing something in reviews where money was involved. The people paying the $$$$ expect some value for their expenditure.... true ?

Of course, that also brings up the assumption that someone would actually be DUMB enough to pay me... :D

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
David - Mark did not call this off... in fact, he is quite upset about it.

There were some things going on "behind the scenes" ... but Mark was stand up through it all.

David, As for YOUR end with me... I appreciate the very kind words, and yes, you, your wife, and your precious daughter are MORE than welcome at any time.

The reason I decided to "turn Rocket Canada over" was because I really felt I was causing Mark more harm than any good I could possibly do to help him, or Rocket Canada.

KylePete

Stunt Coordinator
Craig, that is sad news. I hope that nobody forced you into this decision, whether directly or indirectly. Good luck in all your future ventures.

I am actually glad that we get to read more of your reviews, though. I'm sure there are a lot of people who aren't even registered to this forum who read your reviews and are extremely grateful for them. Afterall, a lot of people don't have the money for return shipping for internet-brand speaker trials.

Simplicity and happiness, first.

Take care.

Kyle

David Keith

Stunt Coordinator
Rob,
You must have misunderstood,,,Craig gave my friend the "pastor" the horns, not my friend Jesus ! My pastor now has horns, but I'm not gonna tell him that !

On second thought, I think I will tell him that, as he will get a kick out of it !

Thanks for the joke material...

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Craig,

Sorry to hear this did not work out. I was excited when I heard you were joining the Rocket Team. I am not aware of anything behind the scenes that was going on but I am sure you made the right decision in the end. I also hope to still see you on the AV123 forum and see many more wonderful reviews.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Richard... thanks a bunch...:emoji_thumbsup: ... I will still be hanging on the AV123 forum. As for the reviews... I hope to take some time and just enjoy my new 750's ...

maybe when winter gets here...

BrianAe

Second Unit
Craig,

Without going into too much detail, were these forum people? How could they have that much influance to get you to stop this venture that you obviously wanted to go through with? Or were there other issues.

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to respectfully ask that Craig not answer more of these questions at this time...

I'll trust that all of you will understand that there are now many issues that need to be dealt with on many fronts including how best to serve the People that have been involved with this from day one, and even more importantly, our friends in Canada waiting on the arrrival of the first container...

I'll of course have more to say later, but for now, I need to deal with primarily my own (very) personal situation here in LA (with a parent near to death right now), and secondarily, how to best serve our brand and our relationships around the world. This decision has some rather severe ramifications in several quarters...

Humbly for sure...

mls

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks