Rocket beta testers - Is the rs150 or 250 better?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jad, Jul 9, 2002.

1. jad

jad Agent

With the vifa tweeter and the bigger woofer, on paper at least, the RS250 looks like it might squash the rs150. Is this how it plays out or is it possible the smaller woofer might integrate more smoothly to the fairly high 3.8 crossover of the tweeter. Well, please tell us, inquiring minds would like to know. [​IMG]

2. Bob Saylor

Bob Saylor Stunt Coordinator

3. Walt N

Walt N Second Unit

You're concern is valid but I didn't hear any ringing out of the 6.5" driver when I compared the two. They both intergrate well with their respective tweeters, but I did prefer the sound of the RS250. The metal/silk tweeter is one of the better domes I've heard but it's hard to beat that XT IMO. I've become quite a fan of it's dynamic and smooth character. The RS250's bass is also stronger as would be expected. I'd say the price increase and performance increase are linear.

4. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

jad,
    The 150's are very good in their own right, but in the end I think they are best suited for a smaller room and used with the RSC100. If you are just using them in the rear, no problem, but in a main system, I would use the 250's. They can handle more juice, and are timbre matched to their bigger siblings. They pump out some serious bass as well.