What's new

Rocket 750 Owner in SF Bay Area? (1 Viewer)

Evan:R

Agent
Hey everyone, my old roommate is going through withdrawal now that she's not living with my SVS and Axioms :D. We've been auditioning speakers for a couple weeks and have looked at tons of stuff from Enegery C-9's, Veritas, Paradigm Studio 100s, NHT towers, Def Techs and Martin Logans. I obviously put a lot of faith in the internet direct companies, owning both SVS and Axiom, and want her to experience the Rockets before deciding on the Studio 100s. She submitted her info on audioenvy.com but has yet to receive any responses. Is there anyone in the SF Bay Area that would be willing to demo the Rocket 750s for us?

And if no one can help us out there... what do people think that have compared the two setups?

TIA!

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Evan,

Try posting an audition request on the forum at av123.com. There are owners in the SF area but they may not necessarily be listed on audioenvy. Any Rocket owner on the forum there will be more than willing to have someone over for an audition.

One speaker that comes to mind that some have said is sonically close is Sonus Faber. I haven't auditioned them myself so I can't confirm that. Both Sevenfeet and Wizardfire on the av123 forum, among many others, have done some great write ups of their auditions as they were in search of speakers. Try doing a search for some of their reviews over there too.

Alex

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
What size speakers are you looking for. Biggies or smaller. Onix has great deals on their ELT series which are smaller than their big towers but getting great reviews plus if you need a new receiver, ask they are authorized dealers for several brands but are not allowed to advertise it on the web. But they can give you a killer package deal. If you want something bigger and can wait a month or two then alot of great 750 towers are coming back as people trade them up to the 1K model. These will be priced unbelievably low and are super speakers. Thats what I run with the 200 (Bigfoot) for the center and 300's for the sides. Cannot beat it for HT or music. Most of my using is HT but they do a great job for music also. Good luck.

Agent
Alex,

Thanks for the suggestion, I just posted a similar thread over at av123. I'll look into the Sevenfeet and Wizardfire reviews as well.

Mike,

She's looking for towers. Think of it as a WAF thing, only it's her that is particular on looks... although after last weekend, she is starting to focus more on sound quality than appearance. Another reason for large towers is she's not going to run a sub with the setup just yet, so she wants good bass response. Interesting note about the 1K model.

Agent
Thanks Mark! I have set up an audition with one of the av123 forum members for this evening. Looking forward to hearing the 750's :).

Oh, and nice email btw ;).

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks so much...

Please do let me know if I can assist further (if need be)...

Enjoy your demo and please feel free to let us know what you think...

All the best...

mls

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Well she won't be upset at all. I love my 750's. I currently have an SVS sub as well but you might also look at the av123 sub while your there. The 10 is out and I think the 12 is close to being out....

Joe Blech

Stunt Coordinator
Don't mean to hijack, but I am in the Phoenix area and would like to hear some Rockets and have tried to request auditions on audioenvy with no responce. However, I really like the fact they have been compared to Sonus Faber. I have auditioned Sonus Faber many times and absolutely LOVE them. If the Rockets sound anything close to them, my mind would be made up about which speakers I'm buying.;)
Anyone else have any thoughts on this comparison?

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
If you're willing to drive to Tuscon, I suggest sending a PM to Russ Tarvin (rt297) at av123. I know he's hosted a fair amount of auditions. Also, try posting a request at av123, I'm sure you'll get a response pretty quickly over there.

Agent
Yea, post over at av123 Joe. I posted and had an audition within 24 hours or something like that.

Joe Blech

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info, guys! I will poke around there. I would love to be able to hear the 550's AND the 750's as I have heard that both are great, but there are some small sonic differences between the two. (550's maybe a little more upfront? 750's a little more laid back?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks