What's new

Rock Star: Supernova (1 Viewer)

Scott_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Yeah the interaction with "Supernova" is pretty awful. I still for the life of me don't understand why they're keeping that Sayida (sp?) chick around (I would assume its ratings, spandex and train wreck related...oh, and am I the only one who thinks she looks just like a puerto rican version of Celine Dion?...she even has the same talking out of the side of the mouth thing...oh well). And their reason for getting rid of Phil last night was completely off the wall. Something about his lack of enthusiasm or something. They said he wanted to win the show but that he didn't seem to want to be in the band...and I'm just like..."wait, if he wins the show, he's in the band? What am I missing?" I've gotten to the point where I flip around the channels when they're in critique mode.

I do still enjoy some of the performances and will keep tuning in for those...its just all the other dreck that needs to be skipped over. I think this show just went from watching live to watching the next day on the DVR.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I was finally able to vote for Phil (many times) yesterday as I figured out I had a 15-minute window at work after the polls opened on the east coast. (I could never even load the voting page on my dial-up at home.) I'm so disappointed for him, but at least the exposure will help Lennex. They obviously were gunning for him after they could no longer ignore his comments to the press. Honestly, I know he had no chance to win (especially since Jason was obsessed with the head bobble), but I was hoping for a few more weeks from him. It looked like Tommy really felt bad for him, and at least he liked him.

I'll keep watching simply because I enjoy this type of music. . .(although as Phil said, the song selection is questionable. I mean -- the Wallflowers? Who the heck could do much with that lameass song?) I don't feel strongly about any of the remaining singers. . . I dislike Zayra, but I'm sure she'll be gone soon.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Having gone to college near the Ocean City, MD area, I was somewhat interested to see Phil. I had never heard of Lennex though. Unfortunately, the two times I saw Phil perform on the show I thought he was easily the worst of the group (and that's saying a lot considering how horrible the rest of the group is).

What was it that he said to the press?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi

He just didn't seem like he cared to be there. The band said he wanted to win the show only, meaning that he was in it for the popularity and success and that it didn't matter to him what band he would be part of.

~T

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
This is the quote that was repeated in various news stories and which it appears Supernova didn't like:

"Ritchie said his primary goal for competing is to gain exposure for his band. "I mean, really I just hope to gain exposure. I love my band and I love the music," he said. "I'm not stoked about the music Supernova's popping out."

The entire article is here:

http://www.delmarvanow.com/debeachco...1/2309913.html

Supposedly, Phil made these comments early on when he hadn't heard too much of the Supernova tracks yet. He seemed to like it after he'd heard more later.

According to those who actually attended the elimination taping, Dave Navarro had a copy of a newpaper on his lap, read from it and called him out on the comments. Of course, all this was not shown on the TV edit. (Also, the farewell video on Rockstar.MSN was edited. Early versions had Phil mentioning the article; the video was pulled, edited, and now it's missing that portion. I personally didn't see the original version, but what's there now sounds quite bitter.)

I can understand it must have been a difficult position -- you LOVE the band you've been in for 10 years with friends and don't want to seem to be deserting them and their fans. And yet, you get this opportunity and want to do your best. He just was too honest and didn't "play the game" right.

Scott_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Oh...ok...I didn't realize he mentioned stuff like that to the press. I mean he always seemed a littel laid back but I assumed that was just his personality.

Oh well, I wasn't a real Phil fan anyway, so no big deal. If he was looking to gain exposure for his band, I'm sure all this talk will certainly get him that.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Sorry if it has been mentioned already but one thing to add to the list of things that sucks about this show is the scripted armwaving of the audience. For some reason this bugs the hell out of me.

Also - Phil should think about going into chemistry!

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Another obvious indication that the show is completely scripted was when Storm dove into the audience. Most of the time, many pretty girls are crammed up close to the stage. However, when she dove off, she just HAPPEND to land amongst two dozen MEN ONLY. What are the chances?

C

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Zayra and Ryan were the only two that I could imagine putting through tonight. Zayra did an awesome version of 8675309 and I thought she kicked ass!

Ryan did an amazing job on the piano and with his vocals. Everyone else....SUCKED!

Mr. Emo dude and blondie with the abs should never have been allowed on the show in the first place...... THEY ARE HORRIBLE!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought tonight was probably the best show this season.

Great stuff from Ryan.

Zayra is gone tomorrow.

~T

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

Oh, please let it be! In fact, a double elimination with Jill is fine.

Ryan was terrific -- he should get the encore tonight. He's really stepping up his game. (Unlike someone like Lukas who's been going downhill. He looked quite disheartened when Tommy said he could hear Ryan's voice with the pretty piano piece Tommy had written.) And Toby's expression during Ryan's long note seemed like "Oh, oh -- he's a contender after all."

P.S. I've ordered my Lennex CD, so I'm going to have my Phil, one way or another!

NolanJ

Second Unit
Jill has absolutely no clue up there. At least Zayra is unique and has some talent, even if she is a weirdo.

How can an artist do what Jill did to that song last night? Did she think that was artistic?

I think Jill needs to go home tonight, and Zayra next week.

I was very surprised at Ryan's performance last night. He had been one of my least favorites, but I have to admit he did a great job with the REM song on the piano.

Not sure what was up with Lucas last night, but I wasn't feeling anything at all from the performance.

I love Dana's voice, but does anybody think she would fit in with the band?

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator

No. I'm glad she's gone. She just rubbed me the wrong way and I couldn't stand the way she sang. She has talent, but there's no way she could front this band.

She reminds me of the goody two shoes girl trying to fit in with the kids in the smoking section. It just don't work.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Haven't watched the show, probably won't start.. but I did hear someone sing "losing my religion" on this show from this week or last? Jeezus. Who the hell was that! It might as well have been William Hung that crap was TERRIBLE.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Yep...They told her to rock and she puts on dark eye shadow and makes allegedly intense faces. Totally fake.

Geesh, girl gets a tattoo (if it is even real) and she gets a treble clef. Every rocker has one of those I hear...Axl, Ozzy, the guys from Mudvayne. Yeah.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I liked about 6 of the performances last night, and agreed with the bottom 3 from the early voting results (Jill, Zayra and Patrice).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks