What's new

Rock Star: Supernova (1 Viewer)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I agree that the talent level is wayyyyyyyy below last year. The Aussie is my favorite for this season -- I called JD during the first episode last season.

Did anyone notice during the elimination when Tommy Lee told the final 2 Sayara and Chris that he loved both of them, that he held up his palm at that very moment -- did anyone besides me see what looked like a "B.S." written on his hand?

Doug

NolanJ

Second Unit
I think the guy who sang Billy Idol is going to win. If not him, the Aussie. Although I think the chick that sang Johnny Cash and Nirvana has a solid shot -- because she is unique.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Has the "supergroup" even said what type of music they are wanting to do? They keep saying they want to do something different, but they havn't really made it clear what that means.

I am not sure any of the 3 old timers can do anything other than hard rock.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Entertainment Weekly also posted their final 4 candidates:

Toby
Dilana
Lukas
Storm

That's probably going to be it, unless someone takes Dilana's or Storm's spot.

todd stone

Screenwriter
wow, these guys must be tone deaf after all the years of playing arenas because these singers SUCK!!!!!!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
As soon as she said that, I'm just thinking, every guy watching this is going to go searching now...

Good show tonight; much better than last week. Although I didn't think Zayra was that much better than she usually is.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes, this season has all but lost me. I don't buy into the screaming=good mentality. Especially when it seems they scream off key.

That Puerto Rico woman is out of her element. She was really bad last night and yet the "judges" said she was good. I can only hope they were just being nice.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Scott -- If you go to the Rockstar website and watch the episode from week 1, they show the "rockers" adlibbing one of the new songs with the band in studio at the boards. It's kind of Audioslave sounding -- meaning kind of soft and wonky, and will probably rock in parts, but will also blow in parts... like Audioslave. I think there were 8 different people singing on the segment.

Doug

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I thought Toby and Dana were the worst last night, surprisingly.

I think my favorite, Phil, gets the encore tonight. :)

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit

When I saw "loving google" I thought you were posting links of Brooke. Liked the pics of Storm, but I did google Brooke and thought this one was kind of funny.....

[Edit: I just looked at all of those Storm pics. I am convinced now that she will win. She can sing, she can rock hard, and she is beautiful. And if you go to the posted link there is a picture of "Storm and the Balls"....I am guessing an old band of hers. She does not look out of place at all with the other guys in the band.

Warning!!!!!! Some of those pics of Storm may not be considered work safe. In fact, I don't want to let it slip, but one of them definitely is not at all.]

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Does anyone know how much of a delay this show is on? Meaning, is the winner already determined, or is the selection process still going on?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Um, since we vote every week, it has to still be going on.

Each performance show tapes on Sunday afternoons though.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Ah good point...I haven't watched it since the first week and that didn't even occur to me. ;) I was just curious because I saw that Tommy Lee is performing in Ocean City, MD on August 4th (which also happens to be where that Phil dude is from).

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
Just read yesterday in an Austin newspaper that Patrice Pike is also performing Aug. 4th back here in Austin. Hmmmm, that's next Fri. Was she eliminated or is she simply flying back and forth between Rockstar performances?? Guess we'll see ;)

So I know most of us are not real high on this show, and this thread is slowly dying ;)....I missed last nights show but caught the performances on the website(though Storm's wasn't on there). Although I'm biased towards Patrice, I just can't see her fronting this band. My fav gal is Jill. Her Stone's song was the best performance of the season for me. I could def. see her rocking with this band, even more so than Storm. Next, I like Magni better than Tobster for the male shot. I think he has a better voice for a more mellow track but he can still bring it. Anyway, just my 2 worthless cents :)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I gave up after last week. I realize that there is nobody that I think is good. The "critical" comments are unbearable even by the show's standards... I just can't do it. There is nothing to hold my attention - It seemed bad on the first show, but I wanted to give it more time, but not only is it not interesting to me, but too many of them I find to be to horrible to watch.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Well said. Watching the "judges" from their perch talk but not really say anything or contradict themselves is getting old. For starters, you have to think highly of the judges to be able to buy into the whole thing. My problem is that these guys bore me and have no creability to judge music taste, aside from maybe Dave. I realize Tommy Lee is a celebrity, but when I see his tatooed corpse grunt or mumble something, I cannot take him seriously. I do however find some of the performances interesting and Brooke is always pleasant on the eyes. It's all the other stuff in between that turns me off.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Brooke is certainly pleasant on the eyes...but she is also possibly the worst host of any show in the history of TV. She might as well be reading her lines from a book. That said, I'd still rather have her as a host than someone like Ryan Seacrest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks