What's new

Rock Star: Supernova (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Sandra
Well, gee, thanks, Radioman, love!

Um, I meant only Lukas ON THE SHOW gives me goosebumps, btw.

But you just gave me goosebumps, too. KISSES

I'm gonna miss everyone here!

What can we talk about next?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
We can try to keep up with the band and see how they're doing.

Oh, the TV Guide dude had this to say and I quite like the idea:

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=800005005

At this point I see two scenarios that could play out:

1) Lukas wins outright.
2) Lukas and Dilana both win and split the singing duties.

I really am starting to think that the second scenario could happen. However, I also think the one thing that Supernova doesn't want to see on Wednesday will take place: Dilana and Lukas will be the bottom two and they'll have to boot one of them. Dilana leaves first, Magni goes second... awkward pause... awkward pause... "Lukas, you are right for Supernova!"

:emoji_thumbsup:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I hope they don't go with two singers. That would essentially invalidate the previous weeks of the competition.

Or as Randal from The Apprentice 4 would say, it's "Rock Star" not "Rock Stari." :)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Magni's my 2nd favorite after Toby, and I felt really bad for him. It's crystal clear Tommy just doesn't like him, so he has no chance. I actually think his original is quite good, and certainly the most "rock" of the bunch.

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
Well sadly it appears the rumors were true all along. In a legit competition I just can't see Lukas winning this thing. I know some here like him but I personally just can't see or hear it. UUUGGGHHH!!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Yep, it went down just like my sources told me. The viewers should be angry at how this sham of a show unfolded.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
So uh, could someone tell me what happened in the last ten minutes of the show? I watched it, but I don't remember a single thing about it.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
What a joke!

> However, I also think the one thing that Supernova doesn't want to see on Wednesday will take place: Dilana and Lukas will be the bottom two and they'll have to boot one of them.

Uh, obviously whomever the band wanted was not going to be in the bottom 2, at least not the bottom 2 who were announced.

I also thought they might decide to keep both. That way they would at least have one person in the band who can sing.

Any idea how far in advance Lukas was told? Apparently Supernova is afraid to play live on the show, so their set at the end was either pretaped, or the "live" finale was pretaped & then that was tacked on at the end... anyone know which happened?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
So what name will they perform under?

"U.S. District Court Judge John A. Houston has granted a preliminary injunction against the producers of "Rock Star" that bars band members Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke and Jason Newsted band from recording or performing under the name Supernova. The ruling stems from a lawsuit by the members of an Southern California band, also called Supernova, that claimed the Mark Burnett-produced show stole their name."

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-ro...,1195229.story

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
All of the "live" elimination episodes are taped in the afternoon--which is how the entire finale apparently got spoiled earlier today.

I was looking more forward to seeing the name thing than who would win. :) I'll buy the CD, if only to get Lukas's great original from a reality episode a few weeks ago.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
And despite being pretaped, we got our broadcast screwed up here in the Toronto area -- the show ran in a one-hour slot, and for the first 30 minutes played a whole pile of best-of the reality bits, and no performances, then abruptly switched over to Lucas performing, with Magni already eliminated.

Had to watch it again an hour later in another time zone to see what happened at the start!

I would have preferred Dilana -- but apparently Lukas is getting a lot of votes because the show gets quite good ratings in Canada. Two seasons, two Canadian winners..

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Did anyone else get the Survivor previews for tomorrow with clips of Lukas singing "Headspin"? Um, yeah, I did.... about halfway through tonight's finale.

I called JD last season, said that he was the "bad boy", that was too honest and sang pretty good. I always thought he was the best choice, whether or not he was predetermined too. When Lukas was asked who he thought should be out, and he called out the country brunette, I told my wife "Watch, Lukas will be the bad boy this season, who isn't afraid to speak his mind. If he's the winner I call a fix." I think that was in the second episode. My first pick was for Toby.

I have to say that I'm really pissed about tonight's outcome. I feel like the whole season was a lie --- BTW, I loved the first season, and started this thread in the first place. I'm just really, really, pissed.

At least I heard a catchy song or two, enjoy listening to Phil's band Lennex here and there, and think that Ryan Star has a future. That all said, Supernova can s*ck my b*lls. They sounded like ass tonight, and I didn't like any of their crappy music anyway. Like Motley, loved GNR (because of the originals, not the backup guitar player), love Metallica (but Trujillo blows Newstad away, observation from the 4 times I've seen Metallica).

Last (I swear this isn't sour grapes) how did Lukas pull out the most votes last night, when Dilana was the only one not in the bottom two at any time last night? Um... yeah. I loved the near revolt when Toby got axed, had to feel for the guy with the "huh?!" look when he was gone.

Doug

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If I were Dilana, I would have politely declined Gilby's offer to write/produce songs for her.

I can't make out much of the lyrics when Lukas was singing at the end of the finale (sort of like Tom Brokaw singing with a bunch of marbles in his mouth).

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> how did Lukas pull out the most votes last night, when Dilana was the only one not in the bottom two at any time last night?

It's possible mathematically. It's certainly no stranger than people actually liking him. She could have been #2 all along, while he could have been #3 at some point and finished at #1.

Or they just made it all up to make her look like the favorite early on.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

YES, I had that stupid "Survivor" commercial with Lukas run halfway through. Duh -- Survivor = Lukas? What was CBS thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!? Totally ruined the tiny hope that Toby might win. Oh well -- at least it wasn't Dilana. And at least I don't have to buy the CD now.

The winner announcement was really anticlimactic compared to last year when there was that flood of emotion from J.D. I know Lukas was rumored to be the predetermined winner from the very beginning, but I was almost hoping it was a rumor designed to give us a surprise.

I'm liking Lennex's CD a lot, too. Bought the 2nd one, "For the Sake of Simplicity"; don't think No. 3 is out yet. (I don't listen to online music.)

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
If Dilana was never in the bottom 2, and there were only 4 participants, then I don't think there's any way that Dilana could possibly not have the most votes. Please show me the math that makes that work. So Tommy was full of S---T when he said we had to go with who the most fans wanted. Like others have said, they knew who they wanted from the start. They even did their best to knock Dilana down when it was clear she was who the fans wanted. But clearly that trick didn't work.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> If Dilana was never in the bottom 2, and there were only 4 participants, then I don't think there's any way that Dilana could possibly not have the most votes. Please show me the math that makes that work

I already did- just look at my post above yours. All it means is that during the vote Dilana was in positions 1-2, finishing at 2 & Lukas was in 1-3, finishing at 1.

Not sure why that is hard to understand. If there were only 3 people then it wouldn't be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks