Rock and Roll High School R2 -- is it anamorphic?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Sean Aaron, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    In light of the debacle with the latest R1 release of this film being advertised as 16:9 when, in fact, it is not, I was thinking that for £5.99 I can get the same release I already have in the form of the original Lumivision release, but anamorphic widescreen, which is the only thing missing.

Are there any owners of this release that can confirm whether or not this is the case? Amazon.co.uk doesn't indicate the aspect ratio.

2. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Unfortunately, this gem is not available in an anamorphic widescreen transfer anywhere on Earth. The old "New Concord" release is the best. The 'new' Disney edition lops off one or two extras and reuses the old NON-anamorphic transfer, which quite good, save for some pretty bad frame damage in places. The commentary is hilarious and highly informative.

The current UK release from Prism is - I'm pretty sure - 1.85:1 letterbox (NON-amamorpic).

Anyway, from one Scotman to another: Merry Christmas and a Happy Hogmanay, Sean! [​IMG]

3. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    Cheers Gordon, although naturalised, I'm afraid I wouldn't fit your definition of Scotsman since I was born in Chicago and spent most of my life in San Francisco.

Scotland is my home by choice of the last four years, though, so thanks for the kind wishes and the same to you. Here's hoping for an anamorphic release in 2006!

4. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

I don't really have a 'definition' of a Scotsman. Hey, you love Rock 'N' Roll Highschool and, presumably, The Ramones, so you're alright in my book, Sean! [​IMG]

Now, I want to sniff some glue, so please excuse me...

5. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    I have to credit my wife with introducing me to both; I was more of a US hardcore punk fan, but they are quite infectious and the movie is a real hoot.