What's new

Rock And Roll Circus - Officially Coming To Dvd!!! (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

FINALLY!!!

AND GET THIS...

RELEASE DATE: TOMORROW!!!

I haven't seen or heard any previous mention of this release on the forums so I don't know if anyone else was aware but this is certainly a welcomed surprise for me!!!

It's being issued by a company called Abkco Films, so I really hope this gets proper retail distro!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
The DVD edition is sourced to the original 16mm negatives, while the audio has been remixed in 5.1 Surround Sound. Commentary tracks are offered from Rolling Stones members Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Bill Wyman, plus Yoko Ono, Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson, Marianne Faithfull and director Michael Lindsay-Hogg, among others.

Among the previously unreleased clips are a backstage meeting between Jagger, Ono and John Lennon; an alternate take of Lennon performing the Beatles' "Yer Blues" with Mitch Mitchell, Richards and Eric Clapton; three additional Taj Mahal songs; an interview with the Who's Pete Townshend; and Fatboy Slim's 2003 remix of the Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil."

- Rolling Stone Magazine

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's a great film; when it was released about 7 years ago on VHS, it was the first time the film had been seen in 25 years or more. The Stones are in good form, and the segments with the Who and John Lennon are great too. Looking forward to this release.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

There is a 5.1 mix on the LD, and it is wonderful!

The movie was screened (one night only) in "selected markets" last night.

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
"The movie was sceened (one night only) in "selected markets" last night."

Anyone get a chance to see it last night? I drove from Indianapolis to Fort Wayne and it was well worth it. The Stones and the Who were incredible!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Well I've been to 5 different retailers this afternoon and none had recieved this yet. I'm not even sure it was on any order lists either because none of them seemed to have it entered in their system.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
I picked this up today, I have never seen it but have heard about it. I mostly got it for the Who performance I had heard about from an old school Who fan.

Roy Van Nostrand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roy Van Nostrand
I bought a VHS copy when it came out and no longer have a VCR to play it on. I remember being somewhat let down with the release on VHS. I remember that at the time of the performance, maybe in rehearsal, there existed a performance of the song "Yer Blues" with Eric Clapton (guitar), John Lennon (guitar), Mitch Mitchell (drums) and Keith Richards (bass) ...I don't think it made it to the VHS and am quite curious whether it made it to the DVD???

Now...where's the film "Ladies & Gentleman... The Rolling Stones" that toured the U.S. at Loew's Delman theaters in quadrophonic from 1973?

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter

Yep , its in the extras , in Quad Spit ...4 camera angles of the performace on one screen. :)

One local reviewer ...( how I heard it was on DVD)...said that the audio was "vastly superior" compared to the old VHS copy. Also there is an 18 minute interview with Pete Townshend. :D

I am going to watch the whole thing tonight.

BTW I got my copy at Best Buy... $2 off all music DVDs ...$15.99 +tx.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

That's an alternate version - there's always been a rendition of "Yer Blues" with the abovementioned players as part of the main show, so I don't understand the confusion...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Picked this up last week, and its great. Even better than I remember it on VHS. Glad it finally arrived on DVD; one of the most underrated rock films. Now if we can just get someone to issue No Nukes on DVD!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
By sheer coincidence I just sold off my VHS a month ago, knowing this would have to come to DVD eventually. Can't wait to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks