What's new

ROCCO SCHIAVONE (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Really enjoyed the first season of ROCCO SCHIVAONE a very popular detective series from Italy. Rocco is an off beat detective who smokes marijuana, is foulmouthed and is not afraid to break the law to catch a criminal. He has been transferred, for disciplinary reasons, to Acosta a small snowy cold town near the Alpines. In Italian with English subtitles.

Attachments

• Rocco.jpg
    Rocco.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 37

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Timely thread Ernest, I watched this last week. I didn't enjoy it as much as you and thought the stories were just ok. He's a scruffy bloke who has some (undeserved) success with the local ladies! The scenery is gorgeous and it's a well-made show. I will have to watch it again before deciding whether to order Seasons 2&3. Typically good blu ray from KL.

It reminded me somewhat of the Inspector Montalbano detective series set in Sicily. Another excellent detective series set in Rome is (Aurelio) Zen, although this is in English rather than Italian.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Timely thread Ernest, I watched this last week. I didn't enjoy it as much as you and thought the stories were just ok. He's a scruffy bloke who has some (undeserved) success with the local ladies! The scenery is gorgeous and it's a well-made show. I will have to watch it again before deciding whether to order Seasons 2&3. Typically good blu ray from KL.

It reminded me somewhat of the Inspector Montalbano detective series set in Sicily. Another excellent detective series set in Rome is (Aurelio) Zen, although this is in English rather than Italian.
Fog and Crimes is another detective series from Italy with a scrufffy detective like Rocco.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I'll have a look at Fog and Crimes. Probably the reason I never liked Columbo was his dishevelled appearance, that and the perpetrator being disclosed at the beginning.

Zen, played by Rufus Sewell, is, to quote Martin Landau in North by Northwest 'a well tailored one'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks