Robotech Remastered: Extented Ed

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Kristoffer, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Second Unit

Saw this at www.Robotech.com http://www.robotech.com/news/viewart...id=189HOUSTON, November 19, 2003

ADV press release: A complete remastering of the entire Robotech series, featuring new footage and new 5.1 audio tracks! First twelve episodes will be on store shelves on January 27th.

ADV Films today announced the release of Robotech Remastered: Extended Edition, a complete remastering of all three acts of Harmony Gold's classic Robotech, the series that introduced generations of Americans to the art form and cultural phenomenon that is anime. The first DVD volume, which will include the first twelve episodes on two discs with a handsome art box fitting both discs, will go on sale everywhere January 27, 2004.

There is also a pic of the nice box-I think I might get this since the original dvds look like cra....
    [​IMG]

2. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Is this the same ones that you could of preordered from another company (can't remember the name of the company), the price was like 300.00 dollars or so?

R~

3. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

4. AaronMan

AaronMan Second Unit

Aaron
    I have the Animeigo box set of Macross, and I think its pretty darn good. They put it through a pretty extensive restoration, and its quite noticeable. It looks great for a series this old.

And of course I avoid the "Robotech" name like the plague.

5. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Second Unit

Are anyone going to pick this up?

6. Chuck Stephens

Chuck Stephens Stunt Coordinator

I might pick these up. I know i'll probably be flamed for it but I don't think I could deal with 3 different series. I have some found memories of watching these in middle school before I went to class in the morning so I might pick these up for the Rick Hunter saga if the price is right.

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter