What's new

ROBOCOP (SciFi Mini Series): Good Region 3 E-Tailers (1 Viewer)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Looking for the ROCOCOP Sci-fi Mini Series.... Looks like the 4 flicks have ben released in region3...

Anyone know a got site to order these from?

Chris

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
YesAsia.com has Robocop: Resurrection but the other volumes are currently on Video CD.

Robocop: Resurrection the DVD is coded for regions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. The menu comes up in Chinese by default but you can access an English menu. Its presented at the television ratio of 1.33:1 but when the MediaNet portions come up, the film goes to 1.78:1. Sound options are Dolby Digital English & Stereo English with Chinese & English subtitles.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Resurrection is Part 2 of the mini-series.

Crash & Burn is Part 3 of the mini-series and sells for $7.99 U.S. on VCD.

I am still trying to track down Robocop: Meltdown, the first part of the mini-series.

Panorama Hong Kong has the distribution rights to this mini-series in Asia.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
to be honest. you are not missing much.. the miniseries was terrible... hard to beleive, but it makes both robocop 2 and 3 an oscar winner compared to the miniseries.. the casting was all wrong.. even the live action tv series was much better.

JACOB

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm having my friend inquire into these, especially DVD versions. It seems very odd that pt 2 would be the only one on DVD.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Is this the series Robocop Prime Directive ?

If so the first 2 have just been released in the UK R2 for the bargain price of GBP 5 (USED 7.50) each.

They are widescreen and 5.1 sound (however waiting for a review to confirm if anamorphic - unclear if they are or not)

Vol 3 & 4 rumoured to be out late March / early April

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
This is Robocop: Prime Directives. The R3 Robocop: Resurrection disc does have 5.1 sound but switches from full-frame to widescreen during the MediaNet portions.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Chad,

A post on another forum states the UK release is non-anamorphic widescreen, so contradicts Play. Therefore waiting for a review.

Also as release by a budget label (Prism) have not seen it on sale anywhere to check. Play are out of stock and not on sale at any of the main high street entertainment stores. Seems to be in discount stores only.

Malcolm

Chad B.

Second Unit
Here's the response I got when I inquired if they were anamorphic or not to Bensons World:
Hi,
They are not Anamorphic, just Widescreen 16:9.
Best Regards,
Ruth
Online: Link Removed

Clearly Ruth does not realize that anamorphic and 16:9 are the same thing but based on her words it would appear the packaging must state "16:9" but then again this isn't what I'd consider true verification. ;)

Carl R

Grip
I just got these (R2UK) from a Swedish online store. I popped in the first disc and as far as I can tell, they are NOT anamorphic. Just letterbox widescreen. The sound is DD 5.1 encoded though, which is nice. I will check them out later and hope they don't suck too bad ;)

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Old thread, but I thought you might like to know:
RoboCop: Prime Directives is out as a 4 disc box set. Very reasonably priced too. Just ordered mine from Blackstar. Personally, I really liked this series, though it requires some suspesion of disbelief.
--Anders

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks