What's new

Robocop Remake (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah. Got mine in a bargain bin for $4. The DVD was released by Warner Bros. in 2003.

Specs are:

1.85:1 enhanced for widescreen TVs
Dolby 1.0 Mono (it is a cheap Canadian movie after all)
Theatrical trailer (widescreen enhanced)
Audio commentary by Peter Weller and George P. Cosmatos (director)

Snapper case

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Two interviews with Aronofsky (where he also talks about the new "Robocop"):

Toronto Interview: The Wrestler Director Darren Aronofsky « FirstShowing.net

A=Aronofsky: "It's reinvention. A complete reinvention."

"It's a complete reinvention. And it's really early stages. David Self is a really talented guy, really excited about collaborating with him. I don't know if you know who he is, but he's very, very smart and he's — he was on holiday and then I had to do this big launch of the film so next week we're going to roll up our sleeves and get more into it, but it's a really great title I think and there's so much potential. But we're definitely taking it to a very new place."

Interview: Darren Aronofsky - Part 1 | /Film

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/11/...nofksy-part-2/

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/09/12/...nofsky-part-3/

A=Aronofsky: "It’s absolutely unrelated to the original. As Mike Medavoy already went on the record. David Self and my team have been working really hard on it. It’s a completely new universe."

"It’s going to be the future. And it’s really great. We’ve got to nail the script then we’ve got to find a script that the studio wants to make. So we’ve got work to do…"

..."Yeah, so there are a lot of interesting themes out there that connect even more than when Verhoeven did it. A nd I have full 100 percent respect for that, but I kind of don’t even want to go near that territory, except for the “bitches, leave!” line. [laughs] Otherwise I think that’s the only shout out to the movie we’ll have."

Nothing much yet, though. But I guess it´s going to be a very different story compared to the original film...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks