What's new

Robocop Remake (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Indeed.........."WHY"?

Oh I know why, remakes tend to, for the most part, do well at the Box Office because of built in name recognition....but aside from that....."WHY"?!?!

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Id rather see an update of the Six Million Dollar man. If done right it would be sweet. Although if any idea is done right it would be sweet.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Of all the unnecessary and inane ideas for remakes these days, this one is close to the top of the list. I mean, is 1987 THAT long ago? Is the style of filmmaking back then so crude and outdated that we already need a new version? Absurd.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I feel the same way about the Halloween remake.....considering the style of the story what is the point? What would you improve? More gore? No...they will want it to be PG-13 and since the original never relied on gore to begin with what exactly would you do to "improve" the story? It was intentionally minimalistic to begin with...what's the damn point unless they fully intend to bastardize the story and make it something it was never intended to be, like...I don't know, a rollercoster ride action film, throw in a few pale creepy long black haired girls to creep around, aliens, ghosts, CGI, space ships, car chases....what?

Pointless as far as I can see.

Tyler Gagnon

Stunt Coordinator
I read somwere a while ago that they were going to mess with jaws. And replace the machanical shark with cgi. Instead of a remake.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up a second...Halloween remake!? What Halloween remake? :confused:

As for this, I don't know what to say other than Hollywood is truly, undeniably and without the slightest shred of doubt...out of ideas and completely imaginatively bankrupt.

I love, LOVE, LOVE Robocop and will die before I see this absurd remake. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Let me guess, ED-209 and maybe even Robo himself will now be CGI creations, right? It will star a completely young cast from the WB and will be "hipper" and more "up to date" than the original, right? Riiiight. :rolleyes

Also, i'm not down with the idea of matching-up RoboCop with the Terminator, I never liked that concept, I mean just because they're both cyborgs doesn't automatically make them suitable for a match-up.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I remember back in the day that Kevin Smith was hired to write a 6MDM script. Nothing ever happened to it though.

As for Robocop, I can't really see the point in remaking it. It is what it is.

Jason

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Carpenter himself said in an interview that it was going to get the go ahead....but THIS site claims that Malek Akkad has denied that it has gotten the absolute go ahead:

..good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks