What's new

ROBOCOP Prime Directives mini series DVD (1 Viewer)

John KB

Second Unit
Has anyone seen this 2000 cable mini series? The were 4 parts: Dark Justice, Meltdown, Resurrection and Crash and Burn.

Over the holidays I decided to watch Robocop. I hadn't seen it in a long time and loved it, of course. I decided to subject myself to the inferior sequels, although I must have been in a real Robocop mood because they didn't seem as bad this time around. :)

Now I need more and was wondering if anyone has purchased the dvds or seen the cable miniseries. I hear it isn't as bad as the 93' tv show and more violent than Robocop 3.

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, I loved the miniseries, although I have not seen the fourth part as of yet.

Yes, it's FAR better than the '93 TV series (although I'd still buy that if it came out on DVD) and in my opinion, better than the second two movies as well. Ironically, I hadn't seen 2 or 3 in a dogs age either, and watched em on cable a couple of months back and I agree - they're not as bad as i remember.

It's a great continuation of the Robocop movies, set 10 years after Robocop first came online, battered and breaking down because simply no one at OCP cares about the "obsolete" unit. There is quite a bit of action and some great backstory about Murphy before he came to Metro South.

Good stuff :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I thought this was a good mini series. Flawed yet very entertaining.
Haven't picked up the disks yet. I wish they just released it as a box set rather than individual releases...

John KB

Second Unit
I'd pick up the 93' show too if released. Especially right now, I'm in a total Robocop phase.
I ended up buying the four discs of the miniseries this afternoon and will start watching them tomorrow night.
I agree, it is too bad that there is no box set. I noticed over at amazon.co.uk that there is in fact a box set available in England.

Thanks for you opinions, I'd love to hear more if anyone else has seen it.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks