What's new

robocop MGM release (1 Viewer)

Jacob_isham

Stunt Coordinator
is the new mgm robocop release better than the older criteron one. Also are there any reviews for this new release, i've looked on many popular DVD sites and cant find any reviews.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
the Criterion release is a Special Edition... with a commentary from Paul Verhoeven, the X-Rated (extra bloody) cut, and an essay with text, images, and video detailing the entire production (which took me about 2 hours to get through)... the video is Director approved 1.66 non-anamorphic widescreen with the original theatrical 2-track Pro Logic mix.
the MGM disc is barebones (no features at all... maybe a trailer). It features 1.85 anamorphic widescreen and a new remixed 5.1 mix... I can't really comment on this disc as I only own the Criterion, but I hear that the color pallate is a little... "too bright" in contrast. The MGM disc features the Theatrical Version, which is a little less bloodier.
... there may be an MGM Special Edition in the works for the future, but nothing is certain as of yet. I would recommend getting the Criterion version as they do not license their supplements (you will never again see the commentary or the essay).
...hope that helps
biggrin.gif

------------------
robpic2.jpg

My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Why, that's the biggest Kahn since Genghis" -Sealab 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks