What's new

Robocop: CE and Stargate: UE release.... (1 Viewer)

Porfirio

Second Unit
Last year, MGM announced that they where going to re-release Robocop in two versions. The first version (single disc w/remastered picture and DD 5.1) was released in November 2001. Version two (2-Disc set, Collector's Edition) was to follow this year. Since then I have yet to hear of a release date. Does anyone know when it's going to be released or if it has been canceled?

Does anyone know when Artisan is going to release Stargate: The Ultimate Edition and what the DVD specs will be?

Thanks in advance.

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
Wow, not that I've heard of. I've been waiting and looking for the Stargate UE release.
Maybe you are thinking about the Stargate SG-1 t.v. series. The second season was just released (or will be soon, I forget which.)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The Stargate:UE release was postponed by Artisan from 10/22. No word yet on a new release date. Hopefully we'll have it before the end of the year.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Unless something changes, MGM has already announced their December titles, so its doubtful we will see the Robocop SE this year.
As for the Stargate UE, like Daniel mentioned, it was postponed with no explanation or new date issued. Artisan is very sketchy about their release announcements (some films are announced with only 4 weeks before the actual date). So I guess its possible that it still might end up coming out this year, but I wouldn't count on it.
Although I would very much like to own these two titles, I already have the existing versions of these titles, and theres many, many titles coming out between now and the end of the year to tide me over! :)

Porfirio

Second Unit
Thanks guys. I remember that dvd.ign.com had cover scans of the Stargate: UE dvd. Anyway, I guess we don't have any other choice but to wait longer.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
My understanding is that the other region (2 I think) had content that the R1 did not have. Maybe they are repressing with the added content.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks