What's new

RoboCop 2 & 3 (1 Viewer)

Blake Solomon

Auditioning
I have asked this question once before and did not get a definate answer because i'm not sure there is one. Of course MGM has not responded to any of my e-mails about this either. I guess we'll just have to wait for an anouncement. I've been debating for months now if I should seek out the OOP Image disc but didn't want to end up paying too much for what could end up being an inferior disc. But I have faith that since MGM put out the VHS's, that we will eventually see the sequels hit dvd.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MGM is releasing a Robocop SE next year (which will be the 4th R1 release of the film on DVD). This is purely a guess on my part, but I expect them to release the 2 sequels around the time of the SE release of the original. Again, just a guess from me.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Thanks guys,
Kinda forgot that MGM was releasing a SE of Robocop next year. So if 2 & 3 are released, then MGM will prob. do it then.
Thanks again,
Joe
patriot.gif

------------------
:alien:
View my DVD Collection
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=JOEFISHER

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Dis be a double post up in here.
[Edited last by Brad_W on October 13, 2001 at 09:29 PM]

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I thought there was a Robocop box set released a while ago (not for sale anymore, lemme check amazon again). Word up! Amazon was selling it but it be outa stock and it was priced at $50.99. Just do a search for Robocop at Amazon. As far as them being re-released... I have no idea.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
my guess is wait for the Robocop:SE to come out next year. I am sure that MGM will cash in on making some sort of ROBO TRILOGY box with all the films.
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Scott_J, you mean their's going to be yet another dvd of ths from MGM!? Jeez, talk about milking the cow until it dies!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
I´m not well informed about this Robocop SE future edition. It will include the x-rated version found on the criterion edition, or just the cut version?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
John Williamson, the SE will only be the 2nd Robocop DVD from MGM. The first 2 were released by Image and Criterion.
Camillo, it is widely believed that the SE will be the X-rated cut, but I'm not sure if that's actually been confirmed by MGM.
As for the Robobox, Image's release of all 3 films in a box set, you may still be able to find them at B&M's. My local FYE still carries 2&3 individually, but at retail - $30 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks