What's new

Robin Williams is an online gaming junkie (1 Viewer)

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Heard it straight from the horse's mouth on the radio yesterday. One of the local morning shows interviewed him. He talked for a few minutes about his favorite games and how much he enjoys online gaming. The two games he mentioned were Counterstrike and Ghost Recon. It was pretty obvious he was really into it and was keeping it simple for the interviewer. I'd love to know what servers he plays on and what his nickname is.

DwightK

Second Unit
Quite a few "personalities" are gaming or online gaming junkies. One interesting notable is Shilling, the Arizona pitcher. Not only does he like his namesake baseball game but he plays Everquest whereever he travels. Another is that badboy basketball player on the Trailblazers. During MTV cribs, the one item he dwelled on and seemed most proud of was his playstation 2 chair in his home theater room. It was an old ratty comfy lookin thing that he sat down in and started mimicking controlling a game.

Lots of celebraties play (or used to) Everquest.

Ike

Screenwriter
Jon Stewart seems to be a real gamer. Everytime someone mentions they game, he goes into "geek" mode and begins to query them on what they play. He and Ja Rule had a lenghty conversation about Dead to Rights, Timespliiters 2, and Hitman 2.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
LOL Nice Dan.

Way, way, way back in the day I used to play on a MUD that had Gillian Anderson as a member.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
It's probably a good escape for celebrities. It allows them to interact with "common people" anonymously. Everyone is equally famous (or un-famous) in the online gaming world.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I remember hearing an interview with Dave Chapelle a few weeks ago with his adventures in picking up Hitman 2. I think there is just about an equal ratio of celebrities playing games, as there is for your "average joe".
Remember, they were kids like us not too long ago.
:)
Glen

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Robin Williams was on a late night show years ago talking about being addicted to playing Quake online.

He's been at it for years.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yes I remember an interview with Leno I think where he says he was playing Quake and had his head being kicked around.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Elijah Wood and the rest of the Lord of the Rings cast was in an MTV special about the EA LotR videogame. They got different cast members to play the game, and Elijah Wood was talking about how he would kick ass in the game since he had been playing it since it was in development and knew how to play it well.

Dan B

Screenwriter
If anyone didn't know, Miyamoto in fact named Zelda the game character after Zelda Fitzgerald as well.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
And I've also read that Williams is (or was) a big, big fan of the Nintendo Zelda titles as well. (If he's any sort of videogame fan at all, this probably isn't too surprising).

Edward Norton has mentioned in a couple of interviews and online chats that he is (or again, was) a big Quake/online shooter fan.

paul_v

Second Unit
Ok by this logic a percentage of HTF members are celebrities. Ok spill the beans....which one of you are famous :D And if you're Nicole Kidman...private message me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks