Robin Hood - starring Patrick Bergin

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Joey Gunz, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

I think this version of Robin Hood is one of the best. Its darker and much grittier when compared to the brilliant Errol Flynn movie and the well done Kevin Costner version.

This one starred Patrick Bergin, Uma Thurman and Jürgen Prochnow. I think it was made back in 1991 but was never released in theaters here in the U.S. Instead, it was aired as a 3-hour movie on TV. I would love to own this on DVD but as far as I know, it was never released. Does anyone know if it will eventually come to DVD?

2. Jonathan White

Jonathan White Stunt Coordinator

In the UK this came out at around the same time as the Kevin Costner film and I think it sank without trace. I remember catching it on TV a few years later and thought it was ok, but I can't remember it being as long as three hours long.

Its not available on DVD in the UK at the moment, don't know about the USA or elsewhere.

3. Jae E

Jae E Agent

If I remember correctly, this aired on TNT or TBS, so I would venture to guess that Turner has the rights to it. I also thought it was a worthwhile version of the Robin Hood story and would like to see it on DVD. Since I think this was originally intended for theatrical release, I wonder if 16:9 would be a possibility.