What's new

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - Flipper (1 Viewer)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
OK,

I loved Robin Hood: Price of Thieves. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid. It was also the first DVD I bought. (I didn't even have a DVD player at the time!!)

Anyways, mine is a flipper. I can not find any info that it has been re-released or anything. I HATE that I have to flip the thing. Has this ever been re-released? Is there a dual-layer release in a different region I could get? I would re-buy this disc just to have it all on one side.

I really appreciate any info.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
No re-release yet. I can't even recall if I've heard rumors of a new one - I think I have, but don't hold me to that...

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Morgan Creek Home Entertainment is working on the special edition release. Date and specs are TBA.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Now that is some better news!!

Thanks a lot.

Made my morning. :D (that's kinda sad)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Me too. This was one of the first dvd's I bought and besides being a flipper it is a horrendous transfer.

Bring on the SE!

Brendan Brown

Stunt Coordinator
It was a major movie that summer (even next to T2) I'm amazed it's taken so long for them to rerelease. I mean, they're re-releasing T2 for the third time!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I'll get this if it's an anamorphic remaster. PQ on the original release is very bad, and not just because it's not anamorphic. I don't mind flippers for long movies like Das Boot, but the horrible PQ is inexcusable.

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
Finally I will be able to buy this movie on dvd! I refuse to buy a horrible quality flipper disc, so I am elated to see that a SE will be arriving soon. I remember the summer that Robin Hood came out. My friends and I saw it several times in the theater, despite Kevin Coster's poor accent. ;)

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I've been waiting for an SE of this movie for soooo long. The original R1 flipper is an abomination - and you can only tell which side is A or B by looking at the tiny writing on the inner hub! At least other flippers have the sides clearly marked. I got this pathetic disc because it was uncut (the UK version is cut in numerous places) but I soon sold it on. It doesn't even have a 5.1 remix, ffs!

Tom Blizzard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Blizzard
:emoji_thumbsup:
Alan Rickman is at his BEST in this movie. One of my favorite villians. Sure a different twist on the sheriff.

He "stole the show" in this movie. At the time, there were many "stories" about Kevin Costner being upset about this. Any of you guys hear that's the reason he (A.R.) did not show up in any American made movies untill several years later?? :star:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks