What's new

Robin Hood:Prince of Theives SE is coming soon to dvd!... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just got off the phone with a rep from Morgan Creek productions. I asked him if they are going to be doing a SE of Robin Hood. At first he was not reavealing anything. Because, their was no formal announcement. But, after telling him that a rep from Warner mentioned it was coming in the last chat, he gave more info. He did say it was coming. Although, he gave no timetable. I am assuming soon, because of the way he was talking. He did say it will have a lot of extras. He also mentioned that they are also doing a other SE's of other Morgan Creek movies. But, he did not say which ones. If you go to www.morgancreek.com you can probably get a list of their titles.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
So basically, he just gave you the same info that the Warner rep did, and you put "soon" in your subject line based on your assumption.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Kyle,

The way he was talking was that it was going to be sooner rather than later. When he talked about the extras. He made it seemed like they were all done and finalized. If it was a year or longer away for the release. They would not have any of the extras done.

And yes maybe I am assuming. But, isn't most of what we talk about here assumtions, hearsay and other rumors. Nothing is assured until a press release is issued and even then it could change. If I was this rep. I would not have said anything definite until a press release was released. I am not anyone important enough to have advanced info. And from what the rep at Warner said. He said a SE was coming this summer. This was just another confirmation from the company doing the work.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Finally! I've been waiting for this one since Warner mentioned it in the chat last year. I'm glad I didn't buy the barebones edition. :)

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Speaking of other Morgan Creek titles, is True Romance a Morgan Creek title? If so, it SORELY needs the spec.ed. treatment. Now that I think of it, a few of Tony Scott's films need some work including: CRIMSON TIDE, DAYS OF THUNDER, ENEMY OF THE STATE, THE FAN, TOP GUN to name a few. Although I don't care for all these titles personally, fans do deserve better versions of them on disk.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Marty there is supposed to be a True ROmance director'scut on the way, so this may be one of the titles in the work.
A Robin Hood Se is a must buy since I passed on the orignal due to the lackluster quality and it being a flipper. It looks like Warner is starting to release some titles which were not done right the first time. Now if they could finally get Omega Man out the first time:)

rhett

Supporting Actor
Isn't the True Romance that is currently out the 3-minute longer Director's Cut?

Great news on Robin Hood by the way!

Mark E J

Second Unit
Yes, the current True Romance is the unrated director's cut.

So maybe the new version will be a new cut with deleted scenes (there are some shown in the trailer not in any released cut of the movie) or Tarantino's original ending.

I have a question though, aren't Morgan Creek titles released through WB? Wouldn't that mean that it would have to edited for an R rating to be released now as an SE?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks