Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MikeEckman, Feb 4, 2004.

1. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

I know this was mentioned in a past Fox chat, but I havent seen anything about a release of this movie. I have the widescreen Laserdisc with the commentary by Mel Brooks and would love to see this in 16x9 widescreen. Anyone have any word on it?

2. jonathan_govols

jonathan_govols Stunt Coordinator

Well all I know is this is the ONLY catalog title that hasn't been released that I really want. This is one of my all time favorite movies and I really hope Fox gets on the ball and gets this released. All that I request would be an anamorphic widescreen, decent looking transfer, a DD 5.1 track (I guess I could settle for a DD 2.0 track though), and the previous commentary from the LD. Sure I'd love to see a documentary or some deleted scenes or something else nice but I really don't expect any of that. I just want it released (Maybe around the same time of the Blazing Saddles SE comes out?).

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

4. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

This and a widescreen Happy Gilmore are two I would give anything to have.

5. Scott Temple

Scott Temple Supporting Actor

I, too, am still waiting for "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" on DVD. I'd like a SE, but as long as we get a nice 16:9 widescreen (1.85:1) transfer and the Mel Brooks commentary from the LD, I'll be satisfied.

BTW, I've heard that Warner Bros. is finally going to release a "Blazing Saddles" SE this year. In June IIRC. Is this twue?

6. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

Throw in an OAR Ace Ventura and I'd be thrilled.