Robin Hood: Extented Version - Editing Mistakes...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Lane F., Jun 13, 2003.

1. Lane F.

Lane F. Stunt Coordinator

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but when watching the extended version of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves last night I noticed two errors (spoilers):

1. The sheriff cuts out the scribes tounge (after the witch instructs him to). We later see the scribe having to resort to using chalk to talk (since his tounge has been removed). But at the end of the movie the scribe is able to speak very clearly and tells Robin Hood that Lady Marrion is "up the stairs".

2. This one isn't as bad, but I still found it annoying. In the extended version the viewer is clued into the fact that the witch is a fake, and has no real power (she spys on the sheriff thru the holes in the wall). So if she a big fake and isn't using the black arts to see the future, how can she tell by feeling Lady Marrions stomach at the end that she is "ripe and will give them a boy"?

Mods, feel free to move this into the other thread if you feel it belongs there. But I figured since it didn't relate to the audio/video presentation, I'd post it as a new thread.

2. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but when watching the extended version of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves last night I noticed two errors (spoilers):
    Spoiler:

1. The sheriff cuts out the scribes tounge (after the witch instructs him to). We later see the scribe having to resort to using chalk to talk (since his tounge has been removed). But at the end of the movie the scribe is able to speak very clearly and tells Robin Hood that Lady Marrion is "up the stairs".

2. This one isn't as bad, but I still found it annoying. In the extended version the viewer is clued into the fact that the witch is a fake, and has no real power (she spys on the sheriff thru the holes in the wall). So if she a big fake and isn't using the black arts to see the future, how can she tell by feeling Lady Marrions stomach at the end that she is "ripe and will give them a boy"?

My response to #2

There was no indication that she was right. I mean, I could walk up to a woman, touch her stomach and tell her she is "ripe and will give them a boy." There is no reason to believe she is right. That's the way I have always looked at it anyways. [​IMG]

3. Dave Molinarolo

Dave Molinarolo Stunt Coordinator

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I noticed that too. maybe the tongue grew back. :p)

5. Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen Second Unit

Didn't you guys see "Ichi The Killer"? [​IMG]