Robert Rodriquez Commentaries!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Blu, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

There just can't be a better independent filmmaking commentary that Mr. Rodriquez's commentary on Desperado.
    My favorite! He spells out everything and makes it all seem so easy to do! Low budget, no budget films doesn't matter! He is just amazing!

2. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

You should read his book, Rebel Without A Crew, about how he made EL MARIACHI.

3. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Stunt Coordinator

Rebel Without A Crew is my bible!

I'm in the process of writing a low/no budget film to direct, that DVD and book are as much inspiration as information...priceless!

later
    Jim

4. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

Have it, read it, gave it out as B-day presents!
    LOL!
    It is a well of information and inspiration to a filmmaker!

5. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Second Unit

I've been praising the Rodriquez commentaries ever since I bought the El Mariachi/Desperado Director's Double Feature last year. Superb commentary that's easy to get into and enjoy--even if you aren't an aspiring filmmaker. I also like his and Quentin T's yak-track on From Dusk 'Til Dawn, although QT tends to run off at the mouth a bit. [​IMG]

6. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

One of my favorite things on the EL MARIACHI/DESPERADO double feature disc is the "Ten Minute Film School" bits he does on each film. They are the kind of things that make you slap your forehead and think, "Man, that's brilliant how he did that!" This has been one of my favorite and most prized DVDs, especially since I found it for $10 at a "used DVD" place! Excellent transfers, excellent sound, excellent extras. So glad I snagged it!

MC

7. charles white

charles white Second Unit

I suggest everyone pick up a copy of the August 2002 MILLIMETER magazine. Robert is interviewed about the production of his latest film "Once Upon A Time In Mexico", 2nd sequel to El Mariachi. All shot in high definition.

8. jacob w k

jacob w k Stunt Coordinator

I still have to listen to the commentary from From Dusk till Dawn. Maybe I'll do that today.

9. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

For excellent commentaries on low-budget filmmaking in the 70's, I highly recommend the Jack Hill tracks on Coffy and Foxy Brown.

Yes, the Rodriguez tracks are outstanding.

10. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

RR`s commentary on the laserdisc Roadracers is a really good one too. Not available on DVD though.