What's new

Robert Rodriquez Commentaries!!! (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
There just can't be a better independent filmmaking commentary that Mr. Rodriquez's commentary on Desperado.
My favorite! He spells out everything and makes it all seem so easy to do! Low budget, no budget films doesn't matter! He is just amazing!

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
Rebel Without A Crew is my bible!

I'm in the process of writing a low/no budget film to direct, that DVD and book are as much inspiration as information...priceless!

later
Jim

Blu

Screenwriter
Have it, read it, gave it out as B-day presents!
LOL!
It is a well of information and inspiration to a filmmaker!

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I've been praising the Rodriquez commentaries ever since I bought the El Mariachi/Desperado Director's Double Feature last year. Superb commentary that's easy to get into and enjoy--even if you aren't an aspiring filmmaker. I also like his and Quentin T's yak-track on From Dusk 'Til Dawn, although QT tends to run off at the mouth a bit. :)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
One of my favorite things on the EL MARIACHI/DESPERADO double feature disc is the "Ten Minute Film School" bits he does on each film. They are the kind of things that make you slap your forehead and think, "Man, that's brilliant how he did that!" This has been one of my favorite and most prized DVDs, especially since I found it for $10 at a "used DVD" place! Excellent transfers, excellent sound, excellent extras. So glad I snagged it!

MC

cwhite

Second Unit
I suggest everyone pick up a copy of the August 2002 MILLIMETER magazine. Robert is interviewed about the production of his latest film "Once Upon A Time In Mexico", 2nd sequel to El Mariachi. All shot in high definition.

jacob w k

Stunt Coordinator
I still have to listen to the commentary from From Dusk till Dawn. Maybe I'll do that today.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
For excellent commentaries on low-budget filmmaking in the 70's, I highly recommend the Jack Hill tracks on Coffy and Foxy Brown.

Yes, the Rodriguez tracks are outstanding.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
RR`s commentary on the laserdisc Roadracers is a really good one too. Not available on DVD though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks