What's new

Robert Mitchum claymation short on DVD? (1 Viewer)

MichaelScott

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the Robert Mitchum claymation short film on TCM, and my google search wasn't very helpful on getting more info on it. Is it available in DVD form anywhere or as an extra to a Mitchum film?.

MichaelScott

Stunt Coordinator
Ok..found out it's a 2003 stop-motion animation short made by Bruno Collet called "Calypso Is Like So". 7 or 8 minutes long, and features Mitchum "in Character" of some of his most famous roles. Bizzare but very entertaining..doesn't appear to be available on DVD..bummer..wish I taped it.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this sounds interesting - can you please give us more details on what this short is about?

Does Robert Mitchum do the voice acting or is this an actual claymation Robert Mitchum? :laugh:

When was it made and by what studio?

I'm interested to knwo more.

Thanks for poutting me on to this!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Woops - I should hit the "refresh" button before posting!

Thanks for the info, sounds really intriguing...

MichaelScott

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a link to little blurb about it and a small picture.
http://www.frenchfilm.vcu.edu/shorts.html

He's all clay, and can't remember for sure but it I don't think a word is said by him..but doesn't need to. Notice the pic, he's the preacher in "Night of the Hunter".complete with Love and Hate tattoos. From what I remember he also becomes characters from "El Dorado", "The Longest Day", and "Cape Fear"..forget the others.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
"Calypso... Is Like So" is a Mitchum calyspo record from the late '50's/early '60s. It's actually - surprise - pretty good. The CD includes him singing "The Ballad Of Thunder Road," which is an amazing song.

MichaelScott

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I noticed that when I did a search on Amazon.... I got excited at first because I thought that it was the above mentioned animation film as it came up on my DVD search.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks