What's new

Robert Harris on The Bits - 3/24/05 column - OFFICIAL THREAD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
By six discs, I believe we're speaking of the five additioinal films in the series, ie. After, Another, Shadow of, Goes Home and Song of in addition to an additional "bonus" disc.

I agree that having the original film in like packaging would be a nice thing, however. Also, as has been brought out above, WB prices their boxed sets in a manner that be it 5+1, oir 6+1, purchasers will not be hit over the head if re-acquiring the original film.

RAH

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I have the single disc of Thin Man and will gladly accept its inclusion in the box set. As was said earlier, the set would indeed seem incomplete without it. (I respect those that have a differing opinion).

Besides, the Monk in me couldn't handle one film being in different packaging than the other 5 :)

Steve

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
It is now confirmed that earlier reports were incorrect.

The Thin Man will be a seven disc set, all in the same packaging, with a bonus disc inclusive of great extras. My confusion is now ended. With the exception of the first film, which was re-masters just a few years ago, all of the other features will be newly produced masters.

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

That's great news about the confirmation and it should give those that want to, time to sell the "The Thin Man" dvd before the boxset is announced.

Crawdaddy

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
RAH, can I ask you if you are working on, or are going to be working on any restoration projects in the near future? Is their any chance that Sony will fund a restoration on It's a Mad... World?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks