1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

robert about dish up grade

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by gene avallon, Jul 16, 2001.

1. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

are these the right parts twin LNBF 69.00 18 inch dish assembly d-tube 27.95 i will only be running one receiver will the 6000 receiver give me the info on derictions and elevetion
    thanks again
    gene

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    That's what you need.
    The receiver has the aiming directions in the setup menu. I found these on atwww.dbsforums.com in the "dish pointing" section.
    City: ATTLEBORO
    State: MA
    Zip: 02703
    Latitude: 41.9296°N
    Longitude: 71.3009°W
    Satellite: 61.5°W
    Azimuth: 165.5°
    Elevation: 40.5°
    The azimuth is true north. Go to this page and find your correction value for magnetic north.
    You will aim the Dish300 without going through any switches. Once it's aimed, you connect everything and run a switch test. After that, the receiver should show signals from all three satellites.
    If you have any more questions, please keep them in this thread. It makes it easier for others to follow along.
    -Robert

3. gene avallon

ORDED TODAY WELL KEEP YOPU INFORMED THANKS A LOT
    GENE

4. gene avallon

robert
    have all the dishes set up and receiveing 61.5 110 119 have two sw21 switchs how do i get that all on the line going into the house right now im just on 61.5 enjoying the demo hdtv
    thanks
    gene

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Here is the Dishnetwork diagram:here!
    Like it shows in the diagram, the SW21 combines the outputs from each dish into a coax. Unplug your receivers. Connect in the SW21. Plug everything back in. Go to the setup menu and run a switch test. If all of your connections are good, then you will be receiving signals from all three positions.
    -Robert
    [Edited last by Robert_J on July 24, 2001 at 02:31 PM]

6. gene avallon

i only have one receiver do you have another dirgram sorry to be such a pain
    gene

7. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    That makes it even easier. One coax from the Dish500 and one coax from the Dish300 feed into the SW21. The output goes to your receiver. Just ignore the lines for the second receiver in the diagram.
    -Robert

8. gene avallon

i got two comming out of the 500 110 119 going into an sw21 how do i work that
    gene

9. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You only need ONE coax from the 500. The Twin LNB has an SW42 switch built into it. Both coax connectors on the 500 have the 110 and 119 satellite signal already combined. Either coax will work when connected to the SW21. Then connect the coax from the 300 into the SW21. The output from the SW21 goes to your receiver.
    -Robert

10. gene avallon

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
    THANK YOU THANK YOU
    GENE

11. gene avallon

how can i get a new transponder to stay in i dont have a save block like it shows in the book

12. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I don't understand your last question. Please give me some more detail of what you are trying to do. Also use some type of punctuation, it will make your postings much easier to read.
    -Robert

13. gene avallon

when im checking the singal strenth some transponder numbers give a stronger singal but the new number i put in goes away when igo back to check it the same number that i started with is back

14. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I think I understand. When checking the signal strength, some transponders have a higher strength than others. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, some of the transponders are "high power". They just have a stronger signal. Second, a couple of the satellites have been damaged and are running at reduced power. Finally, there are multiple satellites at each position. Even though they are separated by about 50 miles, they are considered to be in the same position. Your dish could be fine tuned on one of those sats causing the signal strength to be marginally higher.
    I'm not sure what your saying about putting a number in. When I check my signal strength, I just scroll through the transponders using the up/down channel button on my remote. I haven't done this since January so my memory of what the screen looks like is kind of fuzzy.
    -Robert

15. gene avallon

let me see how can i put this--------the transponder that i find that has the best singal say its #10 i then leave it in service then latter on i go back to check it and it is no longer #10 does each dish have its own transponder and i cant change it thats how its actting

16. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    The screen you are looking at is for display purposes only. It's not a "setting" you can change.
    At postions 119, there are two satellites Echostar 4 and Echostar 6. Transponder 1 is on Echo4. It re-transmits ESPN, ESPN 2 and eleven other channels. Transponder 2 is on Echo6. It re-transmits HBO east, CNNfn and thirteen other channels. There are a total of 21 transponders at the 119 position.
    Lyngsat has all of the information on satellites and what they carry. I got the info above by going tohttp://www.lyngsat.com/dig/america.shtml and clicking on the different Dish Network links.
    I hope this clears things up.
    -Robert

17. gene avallon

CLEAR AS A BELL
    GENE