What's new

Robbie Williams Swing Album what does the U.S think (1 Viewer)

As a Brit I find I thoroughly enjoy Robbie Willams Swing when your winning album. I consider it a tribute to all the original great artists. Do our friends across the pond see it in this way or as a bad copy. And if you haven't given it a listen try it, I find it a passionate well recorded tribute, Mr Bogangles, one for my baby and it was a very good year stand out.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I really enjoy this cd. You really hear the training he has taken in voice. Favourite track: "Things" especially Julie Sawalha "Go Lv!"

I'm hoping the dvd release of his concert at RAH will be released in R1. I would also like to see the full dvd release of his Slane Concert, we've only received the edited version "Where Egos Dare". Thoroughly enjoyed that too.

Kevin J Willis

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I believe The Robbie Williams swing album was not released in our our shores (At lease I think it wasn't). Unlike in the UK where he is big, In the states he has only managed to score two hits (Millenium and Angels). His last album sold poorly here.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, considering I haven't heard anything from him since "Ego Has Landed," I don't imagine the U.S. is thinking very much about it at all. But then, I'm fairly isolated from the modern stuff (with exceptions), so I'm not exactly a good sample of American opinion regarding music from the last few years.

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
While driving today I heard a track off that album being played by the university radio station. It was a duet, very well done...Kinda of a bossa-nova beat.

What was it called? "Something Stupid" I think.

I don't know much about Robbie Williams, but the songs that I've heard I've liked. Including the one I heard today while driving. Retro, but it worked.

-JNS

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Something Stupid is the duet with Nicole Kidman. Great video, Nicole does her best Madonna "Erotic" impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks