Robbie Williams - Escapology

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren Lewis, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

Just received this the other day. It's the first Robbie Williams CD I've bought and I really like it (apart for the stupid, pointless copy protection system).

I've been liking more and more of his stuff recently and haven't been disappointed with this album. My favourite track so far is "Love Somebody".

How does this compare with his earlier albums? Are they worth buying as well?

I can still remember him as a member of "Take That" which makes me laugh every time I see one of their videos on MTV [​IMG]

2. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I've listen to this album a few time now and it really sounds different from what he's done in the past. It's definitely less radio friendly, meaning that there's more to the songs than just a catchy hook and phrase (Pay attention J-Lo).

I find the album to be somewhat melancholy and IMO not as fun as his earlier releases, especially "The Ego Has Landed", a North American release, which is a compilation of his first 2 cds in the U.K.

"Sing When You're Winning" is still one of my favs from Robbie and it goes without saying he has the talent to back up his bravado.

3. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

Ego Has Landed is good. Sing When You're Winning has some really good songs too. Swing When You're Winning is basically Robbie covering swing songs! It is actually good.