What's new

Robbery Homicide Division (1 Viewer)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Well I just got through watching Robbery Homicide Division and I must say that I did like it. Usually anything with Mario Van Peebles in it is automatically disqualified from further viewing but the limited amout of time he is onscreen plus the good music, well written script and the exceptional Tom Sizemore definitely outweighed his detrimental effect also. I thin I will be watching Heat: The Series again next week.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I thought it interesting enough to give it another couple of weeks. Other shows earning that distinction CSI Miami and Firefly, although the latter might be onborrowed time. Just too many interesting shows. I've also Tivo'd the UpcomingBoomtown, I liked Donnie Walberg's work in Band of Brothers so I'mchecking it out. TV Guide also said it was one of the better shows. We'll see. I Have'nt checked out Hack yet. I Like both the principle Stars but fear the stories are gonna be standard stuff.

Mario Bartel

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely Heat lite, from the techno soundtrack to the surveillance helicopter flight over nigttime LA to the staging of the stakeout to some of the dialogue. Not that that's a bad thing:) Kindof ironic to see Heat badguy Tom Sizemore now doing his best Al Pacino as the lead cop. A couple of his crew were also minor characters in Heat.
I hope CBS gives this show a chance and allow it to keep its edge.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Very good show! I also thought it seemed like Sizemore was doing Pacino from Heat.

~T

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I also thought it seemed like Sizemore was doing Pacino from Heat.
Including a direct quotation: "They're gonna have the surprise of a lifetime." Sizemore said it with the exact timing and intonation that Pacino used in Heat.

M.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
And I thought I was the only one who noticed the Heat similarities. I think its gonna turn out good...but they sure missed something. Those "Korean" girls were speaking Pilipino, the national language of the Philippines. "Alis d'yan! Alis d'yan!", meaning go away. Very Filipino but them girls sure looked like Koreans.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I'm locked into it, but it couldn't be at a worse time. Its going to have to maintain a very high quality level for me to stick with it, or I'm going to have to breakdown and timeshift, which I haven't done in over a year.

Hmmmmm, maybe Tivo'ing up my PC is in order.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I'm unsure about this series, especially given the timeslot. When I think of RHD detectives, I think of investigations, not shootouts with automatic weapons in some quiet neighborhood. We'll see....

Rob

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
Unless the quality of the scripts improve & other actors step up this series will be short lived. This was a disappointment.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I can't say I enjoyed it much. Sizemore seems misplaced as a lead, and the style was too extreme for me. It was tough not to think that just three stations over, "Law & Order SVU" was also doing police procedural, but with a more interesting story more clearly told.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well that's why I own a tivo. Very easy to Season Pass Shows and give them a try, then delete them if they don't work out. Seems this year there are definitely alot more shows I'm at least trying. But I'm sure there's quite a few that'll get lost quickly. I grew tired with Law and Order last year but I'll be trying them out again this year, I think the show just may have been on too long. So Far looks Like CSI: Miami I'll stick with for awhile. RHD was OK but a bit more style than substance. I'll stick with it for awhile longer. The new Twilight Zone will get the boot if it does'nt improve after this week. I've been catching up on the Dead Zone and I like that series.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Sadly, this was one of the shows that I was anticipating the most for the fall season, but I ultimately feel let down. I wasn't overly impressed with the acting or writing, and ironically enough found Van Peebles to be the most interesting character in the episode. And what about Sizemore's chilly reaction to the death of one of his coworkers, who may very well have wanted to have been shot to death instead of facing a boring retirement?

The shootout at the end just seemed silly. However, I did like Mann's style being written on every frame - from the handheld camera to the techno music. Sure, this pilot may have been a let down, but there may be more good for this series ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks