What's new

Rob Zombie gears up for 'CORPSES 2' (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Sweet! I didn't like the first one as much as I thought I would...but I'll definitely check out the sequel.

Also...I didn't realize MTV was bringing back Headbangers Ball! Also great news :)

John^Lal

Stunt Coordinator
ummm..didn't part one tank? oh, i am sorry, it has actually made back it's production and marketing costs, but still. how 'bout a different story instead of doing a sequel to something that almost no one will even remember as having an original

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
The people who saw it will remember it. Plus...

...it was obviously created for a sequel based upon the ending.

Will K

Screenwriter
The theatrical phase of the film's release is now winding now. HO1KC still has the video and cable market to go. Films that tanked or were only marginally successful in cinemas sometimes become quite profitable and/or attain cult status on video. I think Lion's Gate is(I predict) wisely betting on this factor for the sequel.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Um, the ending was taken from Jack Hill's early 70's seminal women in prison flick The Big Doll House also featuring Sid Haig (and Pam Grier).

If Sid is in the house, I'm down for a sequel.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Sid Haig was Jack Hill's favorite actor and you can find him in almost all of his films. If you want to see more of him (and haven't already), I'd recommend:

Spider Baby (horror, very cool Sid Haig performance as member of a family that ages in reverse, becoming more infantile and psychotically murderous/cannabalistic)
The Big Doll House (women in prison)
The Big Bird Cage (women in prision)
Coffy (excellent revenge flick, Hill's best, unfairly lumped in with blacksploitation)
Foxy Brown (falls more squarely in the blacksploitation category)

All are available on DVD with very good Jack Hill commentaries.

Will K

Screenwriter
Spider Baby (horror, very cool Sid Haig performance as member of a family that ages in reverse, becoming more infantile and psychotically murderous/cannabalistic)
I can vouch for this one, a perverse and creepy little-seen oddity from the 60's. Check it out. :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
$12 million is just 550 theatres is quite good. This film actually had one of the highest grosses per screen in recent years. Add video, foreign, and pay TV revenue and the film warranted a sequel.

Remember, many of the big films now open in as many as 3000 theatres.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks