What's new

Rob & Amber's wedding... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I usually despise these shows. But, my daughters love them. So I was watching it with them. Did anyone see this? What a score they got. I know they have made money from these shows. But, I can guarantee everything they bought for each other (custom art, furniture & jewelry) was paid for by CBS. I mean Rob spent over 40k on furniture alone to furnish their new home. Don't get me wrong. If someone wanted to pay for a lavish wedding for me. I wouldn't turn it down.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Antonio, leave the thread farts off this forum, please. If you don't want discuss the topic, move along, find some other topic to contribute something more than a rolling eyes emoticon into the mix.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I figure CBS paid for wedding (and maybe an appearance royalty), but that the gifts were on their own. A few things that I noticed was that I was surprised Amber went with the local dress chick -- I looked at my wife and said I was surprised she didn't have some "top" designer make the dress, then two seconds later there was Colin. Was also happy to see that the house they have in Florida, is just a normal ol' house. Not that big, not that small, no waterfront, etc. (Afterall, she "only" won a million. Plus Rob's dad paid for the house? That must be nice.)

I didn't think it was any better or worse than any other wedding show I had been subjected to.

Doug

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Do people's parents really buy them a house?

Only on tv I have such a thing. Well, not really. But, it's extrememly rare. It's even rare to get college expenses as most people take out huge fat loans.

So, not only do they have all that money, but their parents also bought the house. Not too shabby.

For a plain old normal house, it wasn't too bad. I don't know of many newly married people who could afford a newly built furnished house right off the bat though.

I almost have to agree with Antonio. This was such an unneeded primetime event. But, if it got people to watch, that was the goal.

CBS did pay for most of this I can tell you. No one (or almost no one) is going to fly out a bunch of guests to a wedding out of their own pockets. Most people would never have that kind of cash. The people who have the cash? Most wouldn't do it. That's why they still have the cash.

Anyone know if Amber made Rob sign a prenupt and vice versa? They managed to leave this part out.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The house is in Pensacola. And nothing against Pensacola. But, that was a wierd place for them to live. I could see Miami, Orlando or Tampa. But, Pensacola just seems like a odd place if they plan on extending their 15 minutes.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Was anyone buying Rob's brother & friends decorating that house? Right!! I'll bet there was a whole team of behind the scenes people, designers etc. The tipoff was the bed. No guy (at least the ones we saw) is going to pull that off. Amber at Spring Training looked a little contrived as well, making it look like she was having trouble there and then all of a sudden the players are running over to sign.

As far as Rob's parents giving them a house goes, it's quite obvious that Rob was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Amber seems to have come from much more modest roots.

My wife wanted to watch the wedding basically because there wasn't anything else on. I'll have to admit I caught myself watching more than I thought I would. I kept thinking, this must be costing a fortune!

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
We watched because we wanted to see Atlantis, the resort where the wedding was held. We went there last year and it was such a great place. Other than that the show was eh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks