What's new

Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected coming to DVD any time soon? (1 Viewer)

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I loved this British series when in came out in the late 70's. I remember one great episode with Susan George and her beekeeper husband. This show had some awesome twist endings. My local station didn't broadcast the later seasons John Housman hosted to the best of my recollection.
Has this series every been on video? Any reports of a possible DVD release of episodes by season? I would definitely buy box sets of the first few seasons.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'm currently reading "The Best of Roald Dahl" and only recently heard that there was a TV show based on his writings. I would gladly buy anything that was put out.

Several of his stories were used on "Hitchcock Presents" (Lamb to the Slaughter & Man From the South). Speaking of, when are complete sets of Hitch's series going to be released?

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Eric Peterson wrote:
If you're a true Roald Dahl fan, one show you might want to check up on from way back is a short-lived CBS fantasy-horror show called Way Out, which was hosted weekly by Dahl (short summary). Although Mr. Dahl wrote the story for only one episode, the show is probably best remembered, if remembered at all, for his sardonically witty introduction and ending to each episode. It's classic and highly collectible Dahl.

Users who are viewing this thread