AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Sounds as if the volume problem with the Kino disc is similar to the problem I experienced with the otherwise fantastic Blu ray of 'Oklahoma!'. We're used to differences disc-to-disc but it sounds as if these two discs are at the far end of the user-friendly spectrum.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
FYI even though its listed as a limited edition, a standard edition will be released once the limited edition sells out. The disc on the standard edition will be the same. Missing will be the extra stuff like the booklet .
The standard price will be cheaper.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Release has been postponed. Per email received today:

Unfortunately, we are having to move the release date of our September releases – EVE, SWEET CHARITY, and I, MONSTER – to 19 October 2020.

This release date change will affect all retailers, except for direct orders from our website (fulfilled by Lime Wood Media) who will be able to dispatch EVE and I, MONSTER during the week of 28 September.

A dispatch date for SWEET CHARITY remains TBC, owing to a situation out of our hands, and we will update on expected delivery times when this is resolved.

Reactions: ahollis

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
Sad news for Sweet Charity fans: Indicator posted this in their latest Newsletter: I already have the Kino edition and wanted the Roadshow version as well - have cancelled my pre-order for this.

FAREWELL ROADSHOW

Sadly, our previously announced SWEET CHARITY specs have had to undergo a change. Owing to legal restrictions, we are unable to present the film in its complete ‘Roadshow’ version, with entr’acte and exit music. Instead, we will be presenting the film in its theatrical version, with options to view with either the overture or the alternative ending. As a result of this setback, both SWEET CHARITY and THE FU MANCHU CYCLE will now be released on 26 October.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Sad news for Sweet Charity fans: Indicator posted this in their latest Newsletter: I already have the Kino edition and wanted the Roadshow version as well - have cancelled my pre-order for this.

FAREWELL ROADSHOW

Sadly, our previously announced SWEET CHARITY specs have had to undergo a change. Owing to legal restrictions, we are unable to present the film in its complete ‘Roadshow’ version, with entr’acte and exit music. Instead, we will be presenting the film in its theatrical version, with options to view with either the overture or the alternative ending. As a result of this setback, both SWEET CHARITY and THE FU MANCHU CYCLE will now be released on 26 October.
Legal restrictions on an isolated Entr’acte and Exit score that’s inclusive of an entire film? Well, I guess copyright law has expanded into many more components over the years. I wonder if this aspect of the film falls under a contractual obligation through ASCAP or The Ralph Burns Estate?

Sorry to hear that Indicator lost out; but at least I’ve got the Entr’acte and Exit Music on the DVD.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewA

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Well, isn't that irritating.
Any speculations as to how this news will affect the sound levels on the Indicator edition?

I’ve got the KL disc, but now I wonder if the transfer out of France might be worthy of a double-dip.

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Shouldn’t the legal ends be secured before any announcement, let alone starting work on the physical release?
Absolutely agree! I remember how thrilled I was when Twilight Time announced a blu ray release of the Technicolor musical Centennial Summer (1946) with Jeanne Crain and Linda Darnell and how equally bummed out when they announced its cancellation due to legal problems.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
dvdbeaver.com review. 150 minutes with overture, 149 without? The KL version is 151 minutes and the overture in 2 minutes. Must be a typo. The review says With Overture: 2:30:11.502 and Without Overture: 2:38:15.237 - (another typo, probably 2:28:15.237).

1603035633338.png

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnmurphy1969