What's new

International Roadshow Sweet Charity from Indicator (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
1591872593903.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 4K restoration of the 157-minute Roadshow version, complete with Overture, Entr’acte and Exit Music
  • 4K restoration of the general release version, with the original and alternative endings
  • Alternative 2.0 stereo, 4.0 stereo and 5.1 surround soundtrack options
  • Audio commentary with film historians Lee Gambin, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Cara Mitchell (2020)
  • The John Player Lecture with Shirley MacLaine (1971): archival audio recording of the celebrated actor in conversation at London’s National Film Theatre
  • From Stage to Screen: A Director’s Dilemma (1969): original promotional film featuring interview material with Bob Fosse and rare behind-the-scenes footage
  • The Art of Exaggeration (1969): original promotional film profiling the work of famed costume designer Edith Head
  • Interview with Sonja Haney (2020): audio recording of the dance assistant in conversation with Lee Gambin
  • Now and Then: Sammy Davis Jr (1968): archival interview featuring the actor and singer in conversation with broadcaster Bernard Braden
  • Super 8 version: original cut-down home-cinema presentation
  • Image gallery: publicity and promotional material
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with new essays by Pamela Hutchinson and Bill Rosenfield, Neil Simon on Sweet Charity, archival press coverage of the film’s release including an interview with Shirley MacLaine, extracts from the pressbook, Federico Fellini on Sweet Charity, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
  • Limited edition exclusive double-sided poster
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray
  • Limited edition of 3,000 copies
(Bob Fosse, 1969)
Release date: 24 August 2020
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)

The feature debut of the great Bob Fosse based on the Broadway hit, Sweet Charity is a musical re-imagining of Federico Fellini’s Nights of Cabiria, starring the wonderful Shirley MacLaine as a taxi dancer looking for love and escape in hippy-era New York.

Region B

Postage rates to the US from the UK and EU are spiking beginning July 1. Must be pretty significant as Indicator mentions it on order page.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
A new agreement with Universal? Indicator has pretty much been exclusively Sony (Columbia/Tri Star) up until now.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Too bad Indicator is region B locked. When they originally launched they promised they would always be region free. Licensing agreements between them and their partners changed that. So, now, they are largely a region B distributor. Nothing wrong with that. But by now region locking vintage product ought to have been an outdated practice. No point to it. None at all.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yup, it seems that the big studios are insisting on region locking now, if anything it's worse that it was 5-10 years ago.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Too bad Indicator is region B locked. When they originally launched they promised they would always be region free. Licensing agreements between them and their partners changed that. So, now, they are largely a region B distributor. Nothing wrong with that. But by now region locking vintage product ought to have been an outdated practice. No point to it. None at all.

In this particular case I think that Kino has exclusive the rights to 'Sweet Charity" in the USA and possibly North America. Region locking is protecting those rights. If one company had the rights worldwide, then I agree region coding becomes unnecessary.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
I'm curious to find out what these general release versions are all about.
I wouldn't be in a big rush. I saw both the original roadshow and the cut down general release version. Some songs were gone like "Personal Property". The phone call Charity makes at the end was gone and a lot of the songs were trimmed. For example, at least one complete dance was missing from the club scene with Montalban and 'I'm a Brass Band" was cut down.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
I wouldn't be in a big rush. I saw both the original roadshow and the cut down general release version. Some songs were gone like "Personal Property". The phone call Charity makes at the end was gone and a lot of the songs were trimmed. For example, at least one complete dance was missing from the club scene with Montalban and 'I'm a Brass Band" was cut down.
I realize that. I'm simply curious if that is what will be on the disc or simply the regular cut without overture, etc.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I'm glad this is coming out but it does tick me off when an American release of an American movie isn't the best.

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I am confused. Didn't the recent KINO blu ray of SWEET CHARITY include the road show version? I guess my question is what does this new disc include (aside from extras) that was not on the current release. I am confident there are folks in this forum can get answer my question very specifically---thanks in advance!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I am confused. Didn't the recent KINO blu ray of SWEET CHARITY include the road show version? I guess my question is what does this new disc include (aside from extras) that was not on the current release. I am confident there are folks in this forum can get answer my question very specifically---thanks in advance!
Kino has the Roadshow minus the Entr'acte and Exit Music.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
You can order but Amazon will not ship to the US.

sc.jpg

Or you can order from Indicator for $39.84 shipping to the US. I'll pass as I paid $10.99 for the Kino version.
sc2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks