Roadracers (Robert Rodriguez) on 1/14/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Robert Rodriguez's Roadracers, with Salma Hayek and David Arquette, finally hits DVD on 1/14/03.

Also due on the same day are The Absent-Minded Professor, The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, Ethan Frome, Gus, The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit, The Journey of August King, The Moon Spinners, and Summer Fling.

Each retails $19.99.

2. Jeff*S*C*

Jeff*S*C* Second Unit

Coooooool....I was just wishing that Roadracers would come out when I remembered about it a month ago. Now I get to finally see it.

3. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

I just hope that the laserdisc commentary (or any other extras that might be on the laserdisc, I can't find any real hard info online, just a few mentions of said commentary) makes it onto the disc. I'm a fan of Robert Rodriguez and "Roadracers" is his only directorial outing that I haven't been able to see. While I haven't ever seen it the strength of his other movies (except "The Faculty" which was pretty bad) will justify a blind purchase for me.

4. DeVario

DeVario Agent

It's about time Roadracers comes to DVD. Bill GrandPre I think you will like it.

5. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Woo! Woo! Woo!
    This is my favorite of Rodriguez's films. Just an all around fun homage to old '50s greaser movies. Kind of rough around the edges but that's how I like it. Really happy about this announcement [​IMG]

6. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Does anyone have any more info on this DVD? It supposedly streets in less than 2 weeks yet most retailers don't have it in their systems, and I can't find any information as to whether or not the laserdisc commentary is on the DVD.

7. Mark Hammon

Mark Hammon Stunt Coordinator

I looked everywhere for it. Asked every store to check in their system. It does not exist. I've checked E-tailers like Amazon, DVD Planet and it does not exist there either. So what gives? Anyone know where, or why?

8. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

It's still on Buena Vista's retail website with the 1/14 release date and even a UPC Code (786936204421). As far as actually existing and being in any store, I am as confused as you are! I can't find it anywhere!

9. Mark Hammon

Mark Hammon Stunt Coordinator

I just spoke with Disney on the phone (2/24/03) about ROADRACERS and they said they were aware that it was in their computer with a part number and price BUT that it was not available and they did not have a date when it would be released.

I did complain and asked someone to get back to me when they have a date. We'll see what happens.