Road Warrior tribute in Power Rangers Time Force!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Lambert, Sep 24, 2001.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Aug 3, 2001
    Those of you who saw The Road Warrior ought to remember the character of Wez:
  2. Gary Kellerman

Gary Kellerman Stunt Coordinator

Jul 30, 1999
    Well, I may be too old to watch this series, but in fact I have followed this series since it first began. My friend's two sons have also liked the series. Almost all episodes follow a similar story line. There is usually a 6th ranger involved in each series. Jason David Frank(Tommy) came to visit a flea market near my area some time back. It created one heck of a traffic fiasco in Pompano Bch, Fla. I read that very few people got to see him in person as well. He was once on Regis and Kathly Lee demonstrating his skills; his leaps into the air had the whole show aghast.
    The current series also features Edward Albert(Mr. Collins)who is actor Eddie Albert's son.
    The special effects in these shows are rather good IMO. The dialogue in all the series especially during the fight scenes are very "tongue in cheek" much like the Bond or Arnold S. films that have been made. In a funny way, the whole series looks like a true celebration of Holloween with the costumes, characters and villianous monsters that appear. Essentially, I would call the whole series as an updated version of the better serials of the 30's and 40's.
    Surprisingly, I did not care for the two movie versions of this series that were released. I think the funniest thing I saw in the series was the marriage of Lord Zed and Rita, who were dancing with all their monster cohorts to Hava Nagila.
    There was alot of outcry in the world that this series has been too violent. It is no worse than all the serials and westerns that children went to see in the 30's and 40's. In fact, "good" always vanquishes evil. At least this is a well produced live action series and not some cartoon.
    Kudos to Haim Saban and Shuki Levy on the whole group of the Power Ranger series.